www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Help me select a phone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2015-12-11, 23:05)modestMouse Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, sorry Apple and Twotems. Xiaomi Note 3 not compatible with putting SD.

I think you would be insane to buy a Galaxy Note 4. There are many good 5.5" phones. Any decent one will do everything you need. Asus Zenfone 2, Lenovo K3 Note are 2 good choices. If you live in UK or Europe or Asia the selection is even much bigger.

Thanks once again. May I know why you don't like Galaxy Note 4 dual?
I live in the middle east. I want something better than K3 note. I know there are many phones with 5.5 inches screen but they don't have dedicated sd card slots.
(2015-12-11, 23:21)apple2005 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-11, 23:05)modestMouse Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, sorry Apple and Twotems. Xiaomi Note 3 not compatible with putting SD.

I think you would be insane to buy a Galaxy Note 4. There are many good 5.5" phones. Any decent one will do everything you need. Asus Zenfone 2, Lenovo K3 Note are 2 good choices. If you live in UK or Europe or Asia the selection is even much bigger.

I live in the middle east. I want something better than K3 note. I know there are many phones with 5.5 inches screen but they don't have dedicated sd card slots.
Price...I don't see the sense of spending $400, when you could have a phone for 150-200 that does everything you need. The Zenfone 2 is quite good, don't get me wrong.
(2015-12-11, 23:21)apple2005 Wrote: [ -> ]

I thought you were in the US. In that case your choice is virtually limitless because of lte bands. Again the Zenfone 2 still competes favourably with everything out there when considering the sd slot requirement.
Hopefully I wasn't misunderstood. I mean... If it were me...Which of course it's not... I would pocket $200 and buy Zenfone 2 or something else other than Note 4. If you can get Note 4 for $300 or less it might be worth it. But this is just my budget thoughts. If you've got money to burn, why not.
(2015-12-12, 00:52)modestMouse Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully I wasn't misunderstood. I mean... If it were me...Which of course it's not... I would pocket $200 and buy Zenfone 2 or something else other than Note 4. If you can get Note 4 for $300 or less it might be worth it. But this is just my budget thoughts. If you've got money to burn, why not.

Note 4 is 456 $ in one online store. Asus zenfone 2 is on my list but note 4 has some extra things like s pen and 2 k display and much support but battery is only 3000mah.
(2015-12-12, 01:07)apple2005 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-12, 00:52)modestMouse Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully I wasn't misunderstood. I mean... If it were me...Which of course it's not... I would pocket $200 and buy Zenfone 2 or something else other than Note 4. If you can get Note 4 for $300 or less it might be worth it. But this is just my budget thoughts. If you've got money to burn, why not.

Note 4 is 456 $ in one online store. Asus zenfone 2 is on my list but note 4 has some extra things like s pen and 2 k display and much support but battery is only 3000mah.

Sounds like you have your heart set on the Note 4 so go for it. Street Cred is also important. But I always enjoy it when people ask me what phone I have and I tell them it also has more ram than their laptop and pound for pound it's just as good as their "high end" phone for half the price.
(2015-12-12, 01:15)Twotems Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-12, 01:07)apple2005 Wrote: [ -> ]

Sounds like you have your heart set on the Note 4 so go for it. Street Cred is also important. But I always enjoy it when people ask me what phone I have and I tell them it also has more ram than their laptop and pound for pound it's just as good as their "high end" phone for half the price.
Ugh. $450? The S-Pen if you really need it for work or some such may be justified, but 2K display and street cred? Might as well buy an iPhone if you want street cred Smile
(2015-12-12, 01:22)modestMouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-12, 01:15)Twotems Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-12, 01:07)apple2005 Wrote: [ -> ]Note 4 is 456 $ in one online store. Asus zenfone 2 is on my list but note 4 has some extra things like s pen and 2 k display and much support but battery is only 3000mah.

Ugh. $450? The S-Pen if you really need it for work or some such may be justified, but 2K display and street cred? Might as well buy an iPhone if you want street cred Smile

Hahahhaha, I will never ever buy iShit. Once I bought an iPad just for curiosity to see what apple products are. I saw that it is just pure shit. Even with jailbreak, you can't change anything. So I donated to somebody.
I don't buy things for street cred. If I can find something according to my criteria in Chinese phone, I will never buy a branded phone or anything for that matter. Right now my everything is chinese, from car to phone, to dress.... Lol
Right now I am using Huawei Ascend Mate 7 premium but the problem is that of dedicated sd card. If I use sd card, then I can't use 2 Sims which is must for me because I use the second sim for data.
(2015-12-12, 11:42)apple2005 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-12, 01:22)modestMouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-12, 01:15)Twotems Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you have your heart set on the Note 4 so go for it. Street Cred is also important. But I always enjoy it when people ask me what phone I have and I tell them it also has more ram than their laptop and pound for pound it's just as good as their "high end" phone for half the price.

Hahahhaha, I will never ever buy iShit. Once I bought an iPad just for curiosity to see what apple products are. I saw that it is just pure shit. Even with jailbreak, you can't change anything. So I donated to somebody.
I don't buy things for street cred. If I can find something according to my criteria in Chinese phone, I will never buy a branded phone or anything for that matter. Right now my everything is chinese, from car to phone, to dress.... Lol
Right now I am using Huawei Ascend Mate 7 premium but the problem is that of dedicated sd card. If I use sd card, then I can't use 2 Sims which is must for me because I use the second sim for data.

Lol.
Therefore the Zenfone 2 4GB is your phone. Trust me, people will be intrigued and you will love it. It needs some tweaking but all battery complaints will disappear once you experience the fast charge it has. It's the best phone I've ever used and the longest time I've ever kept a phone. I have no intention of changing it in the near future either.
(2015-12-12, 17:15)Twotems Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-12, 11:42)apple2005 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-12, 01:22)modestMouse Wrote: [ -> ]Ugh. $450? The S-Pen if you really need it for work or some such may be justified, but 2K display and street cred? Might as well buy an iPhone if you want street cred Smile

Lol.
Therefore the Zenfone 2 4GB is your phone. Trust me, people will be intrigued and you will love it. It needs some tweaking but all battery complaints will disappear once you experience the fast charge it has. It's the best phone I've ever used and the longest time I've ever kept a phone. I have no intention of changing it in the near future either.

Thank you very much for the honest advice. I will order zenfone 2 today in sha Allah. My colleague is already having a zenfone 2. Will inform you when I get it. Have you rooted it and how? Does it have 3rd party roms?
Pages: 1 2 3 4