www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: GPS Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, i would like reported some troubles with GPS on my H7500+, but it seems to be general problem of MTK6589. Gps is working fine in car navigation, but when i have tested the tracking in for example Sports Tracker than the track was ok, but information about speed and distance were nonsense. Don't you have also this problem or don't you know some kind of fix for this issue?
It's just a guess, but perhaps this is an issue with the way the apps are interpreting data. I had a similar issue with Google "My Tracks". The track was broken and avg. speed was screwy. Though I didn't notice whether the signal had been lost or not, I thought maybe it was due to losing the GPS signal and the 'jump' from one spot to the next was fragging the avg speed data.

I'm interested, was your 3G / 2G open as well?

There are currently no GPS patches out that I know of.
Ok, maybe in the future somebody will find solution.
Regarding the 3G/2G connection, yes on one sim card was active.
Like my problem. What country are u live?
Czech republic - Europe
(2013-03-30, 14:02)pavlis42 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, i would like reported some troubles with GPS on my H7500+, but it seems to be general problem of MTK6589. Gps is working fine in car navigation, but when i have tested the tracking in for example Sports Tracker than the track was ok, but information about speed and distance were nonsense. Don't you have also this problem or don't you know some kind of fix for this issue?

I've been looking for a new tracking application and I'm having the same problems. I've just tried Endomondo and although the track looks ok, the speed and distance are nonsense. The application that I'm trying to replace (mm tracker, not compatible with Android 4.2) gets the speed and distance perfect, so it is clearly possible with this hardware.

(2013-03-30, 15:18)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]It's just a guess, but perhaps this is an issue with the way the apps are interpreting data. I had a similar issue with Google "My Tracks". The track was broken and avg. speed was screwy.

I will try Sports Tracker and My Tracks tomorrow and see if I have the same problem.
Just download 3g after you download taat will fix all problem.
Well I've been testing Sports Tracker and My Tracks. Both apps track location quite well but miscalculate the distance travelled - Sports Tracker by a factor of about 10 and My Tracks by 1-2. As Gizbeat said, this must be a problem with the way these apps are interpreting the data because MMTracker calculates the distance perfectly.
I've found an app called Runkeeper that accurately logs speed and distance.
OpenGPStracker is the best solution IMO.
Pages: 1 2