www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Xposed framework
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
For those not on XDA I would like to bring Xposed framework to your attention. This framework is awesome and lets you tweak your phone just the way you like it.

Install Xposed framework, then install the modules you want (don't forget to register them by ticking them). GravityBox (many tweaks like the useful flickering software buttons when you receive a notification) and PerAppSettings (change density per app and fill your bit iNew screen) are the two you wouldn't want to miss out on!

More information and downloads here:

[Admin: Newest xposed direct link download: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] ]
Thanks for taking the time to post this. MaxP made me aware of it shortly before your post, but we hadn't gotten around to putting it up.

The Xposed Framework and GravityBox have made a big difference with many small changes easily made.

Some of the things I did:
  • Disabled capacitive backlight
  • Added transparent image to quick settings / notification drawer
  • Pull down quick settings single-finger from left corner
  • 20 Quick-Settings (4x5)
  • Phone ringer / system sounds expandable volume panel
  • Circular battery icon
  • % battery remaining shown in middle of battery icon
  • Advanced reboot menu (though I use Quickboot, still ticked this)
  • Minimum dim level set to 10
  • Screen dim before screen timeout set to 5
  • CRT screen off effect (simulates old CRT monitor turning off)
  • If no notifications, quick-settings pulls down instead
There are a bunch of other tweaks you can make, but these seemed the most logical and useful. Some of the other tweaks are 'fancy' tweaks as well, such as the CRT effect and the fullscreen caller photo (which I didn't enable since I don't have pictures associated with most of the people I talk on the phone with).

There are also some genuine 'fixes' as well that fix errors in some firmwares, but none of the errors listed applied to my firmware, so I left them alone.

Maybe not a lot individually, but combined they really make a difference. A lot of these were available as permanent patches in custom firmwares for the 7500+, or as patches that could be applied to very specific versions of custom firmwares. This system gets rid of all that and lets you make all these customizations with a tap or two.
(2013-09-21, 00:25)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for taking the time to post this. MaxP made me aware of it shortly before your post, but we hadn't gotten around to putting it up.

The Xposed Framework and GravityBox have made a big difference with many small changes easily made.

Some of the things I did:
  • Disabled capacitive backlight
  • Added transparent image to quick settings / notification drawer
  • Pull down quick settings single-finger from left corner
  • 20 Quick-Settings (4x5)
  • Phone ringer / system sounds expandable volume panel
  • Circular battery icon
  • % battery remaining shown in middle of battery icon
  • Advanced reboot menu (though I use Quickboot, still ticked this)
  • Minimum dim level set to 10
  • Screen dim before screen timeout set to 5
  • CRT screen off effect (simulates old CRT monitor turning off)
  • If no notifications, quick-settings pulls down instead
There are a bunch of other tweaks you can make, but these seemed the most logical and useful. Some of the other tweaks are 'fancy' tweaks as well, such as the CRT effect and the fullscreen caller photo (which I didn't enable since I don't have pictures associated with most of the people I talk on the phone with).

There are also some genuine 'fixes' as well that fix errors in some firmwares, but none of the errors listed applied to my firmware, so I left them alone.

Maybe not a lot individually, but combined they really make a difference. A lot of these were available as permanent patches in custom firmwares for the 7500+, or as patches that could be applied to very specific versions of custom firmwares. This system gets rid of all that and lets you make all these customizations with a tap or two.

does it work to inew? Drool
It should work on any phone with a relatively standard version of 4.2 or 4.3. Make sure you have access to firmware for your phone or a backup prior to installing.
(2013-09-21, 13:53)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]It should work on any phone with a relatively standard version of 4.2 or 4.3. Make sure you have access to firmware for your phone or a backup prior to installing.

The PerAppSettings MOD is for me the most useful one, changing DPI per app. For such a big phone as the iNew, this is really a must have!
(2013-09-21, 13:53)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&hl=el Drool
(2013-09-21, 21:38)gesamgr Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&hl=el Drool
Well this is one way to do it, but you must have a custom recovery to flash the backup with. If you've already got a custom recovery, then you can go ahead and just make the backup from recovery and skip this app.

Otherwise, just make sure you have firmware available for your phone. If you've got a relatively popular phone, it should be no problem to find it, but if you flash new firmware you'll likely lose your data. If your rooted, you can backup your data and apps with Titanium first, then after flashing the firmware you can restore apps and data from the titanium backup.
I always use the NAND-backup in CWM and backup my data every night with Titanium Backup; for me that's a perfect combination. Never fails :-)
(2013-09-21, 23:03)Squier Wrote: [ -> ]I always use the NAND-backup in CWM and backup my data every night with Titanium Backup; for me that's a perfect combination. Never fails :-)

that's sounds a good idea! This sucks

as I understand first things first , root and put cwm to phone
and then nandroid backup , so if something goes wrong and phone will be unable
to boot , go into recovery , restore backup and everything back in order right? Can't look
Sounds about right. Or root and backup system data and apps with Titanium. SP Flash firmware and restore from Titanium if needed. IMO, nandroid AND Titanium is over doing it. If you can't find firmware for your phone, the Nandroid backup is a better solution.
Pages: 1 2 3