www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: cubot s note bricked?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
okies my brother gave me his cubot snote as he had got a new iphone now i did an update i found on the phone and got a error..little android man with a red triangle, i left the phone but it did nothing so i removed the battery now the phone will not go past the cubot logo..my brother said he rooted the phone and i shouldnt have updated it as thats why is "bricked"..he dont know how to sort it so please anyone can you help me? its not running a custom rom just the system it was purchased with..i can get into recovery mode and tryed a factory reset..still wont work..please please can anyone help...ps i am not great with phones so would need a idiots step by step..thanks in advance
anyone please?
You will need this ROM

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

And then follow this

But check all files and use "upgrade" button.
(2016-05-22, 17:13)cookiedough Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

And then follow this

But check all files and use "upgrade" button.
ok did all that..update booted up but very very slow and sluggish..any idea?...also can i flash a custom rom like this? sorry complete idiot here lol...

one other question the s note roms..there were a few down load files..did it matter which one i used? i used the 1st one on the list btw
Glad it worked out for you.

Use the ROM with the most recent date.

All ROM boot slow on first boot. Needs to compile. Should be fine after that.

Yes, you can flash custom ROM like that too. But unless finding one that fixes some problem with the device, I'd just stay with the official stock ROM.
okies so how long before the phone settles down, it takes abot 3 mins to boot into main screen from start each time..also when any icon is pressed it can takw up to 5 seconds for the program to start..the main boot screen "cubot" also has a small black pannel in the lower left bottom that says Normal boot? is that right to..sorry so many questions...
ty for all your help by the way this forum is the only one who even tryed to help me and i do appriciate it very much
ps updated to newest rom and runs like a dream..many many thanks
Okay. So that's sounding not normal. Should only need to do the compile once.

It should be behaving as fast as it did when you first got it. Was it like that before? Depending on the app it could take 5 seconds to start. Not normally, but if it's a big app, could be.

What about typing... ? Is there some lag? Are the SIM working okay? Can make phone calls?

That ROM is the newest one. Your phone is MT6580 system chip? I see it says for MT6580 only. Maybe there are different versions of Note S, but I don't think so.

You're welcome for the help. Thanks for the appreciation.

***Assuming you have MT6580, then I would suggest going into recovery and doing a factory reset. Could be the ROM doesn't include data portion and old data is making a problem with the new ROM. Boot into recovery by holding Volume Up and Power button at the same time for 5 seconds until you see the recovery menu. If that doesn't work, try Volume Down and Power button. (from phone being off). This might not help, because it should do a format anyways when doing firmware upgrade, but it's worth a shot.

If that doesn't help, then try the next oldest ROM.
(2016-05-25, 19:36)cookiedough Wrote: [ -> ]Okay. So that's sounding not normal. Should only need to do the compile once.

It should be behaving as fast as it did when you first got it. Was it like that before? Depending on the app it could take 5 seconds to start. Not normally, but if it's a big app, could be.

What about typing... ? Is there some lag? Are the SIM working okay? Can make phone calls?

That ROM is the newest one. Your phone is MT6580 system chip? I see it says for MT6580 only. Maybe there are different versions of Note S, but I don't think so.

You're welcome for the help. Thanks for the appreciation.

***Assuming you have MT6580, then I would suggest going into recovery and doing a factory reset. Could be the ROM doesn't include data portion and old data is making a problem with the new ROM. Boot into recovery by holding Volume Up and Power button at the same time for 5 seconds until you see the recovery menu. If that doesn't work, try Volume Down and Power button. (from phone being off). This might not help, because it should do a format anyways when doing firmware upgrade, but it's worth a shot.

If that doesn't help, then try the next oldest ROM.

its all running great now..i updated to the newest ROM on the site and also found i had a wifi update did this to and BOOOM fast as a fox... many many thanks..maybe it was the 1st rom i used didnt sit right on the phone... this now is perfect, again many thanks
That is great. And now you learned something about flashing China phones too Smiling
(2016-05-25, 22:19)cookiedough Wrote: [ -> ]That is great. And now you learned something about flashing China phones too Smiling

many thanks again
Pages: 1 2