www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: New rom 2.6 (08.08.2016)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Glad that you figured out what it is.

Here is the link to 2.6 eu directly from innos website:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

And if you want 3.2 eu (marshmallow), then you can download it also directly from their website:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

I would stay at v2.6 because it works well with the chinese phones (and looks like marshmallow) and I actually don't see any major reason to upgrade to marshmallow.
I did the upgrade because I was bored and curious ;) but I figured out that the governor is not well chosen: my cpu was hot in idle becase the idle frequency was 800MHz. It was the governor's fault. I had to root the device and change the governor manually in the after boot script. Besides that, the boot recovery doesn't work so you have to flash the 5.1.1 twrp recovery in order to have some cache wipe possibilities.

P.S. The reply notification was probably in email the spam folder ;)
Thanks. I think I will go back to 2.6, as I've been trying 3.2 all morning and I have to say, I don't like it! The bottom buttons are the wrong way round IMO (why no option to switch, like with Microsoft mouse buttons??), the apps are not 'on screen' and the options in settings are just not user-friendly. Shame, because the phone itself is a great design (as long as it and my replacement ext. battery (when I get it) prove to be reliable) and I really like it, just the right balance between screen size and physical size.
(2017-02-03, 23:55)baddesley Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Thanks, I'll take a look at that, i sounds good! I've actually gone back to 2.4, as so far I haven't liked the later versions.

Do you know of anything that can extend the options in settings? I find that the standard settings, such as trying to change notification tones or changing the wallpaper are hopeless, as they don't have a 'browse' function, making it hard or impossible to navigate. I would also like to be able to tweak my local hotspot more than the standard options allow, as I use this all the time. Is there anything that would allow me to change the channel number, or hide my SSID?
Pages: 1 2 3 4