www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: MHL / HDMI impossible ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi !
Is there absolute evidence that the i6000 is not able to use MHL to output HDMI ?
(Convincing would be if the USB connector does not have the MHL Pins, i cannot see that :-) ... or if the MTK CHipset never ever is able to to MHL)

I guess Miracast would lag awfully if used at 1920x1080, right ?

Ender
MHL will not work at all.

i6000 does NOT support MHL.

Miracast w/PTV3000 will work, but at 640x480 res on the big screen.
(2013-09-12, 03:16)Maine_Coon11 Wrote: [ -> ]MHL will not work at all.

Hi !
Okay, so no MHL.
If you feel like it, may state how you do know that (If MHL is not possible with the Chipset or if the connector is just USB or both), will you ?

--> MiraCast:
Any idea why its so low res ?
I played with MirrorOp Sender / Receiver on my i6000 and that works in 1920x1080 albeit a bit laggy (not much but a bit).

Greetings,

Ender
(2013-09-12, 03:19)enderffx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-12, 03:16)Maine_Coon11 Wrote: [ -> ]MHL will not work at all.

Hi !
Okay, so no MHL.
If you feel like it, may state how you do know that (If MHL is not possible with the Chipset or if the connector is just USB or both), will you ?

--> MiraCast:
Any idea why its so low res ?
I played with MirrorOp Sender / Receiver on my i6000 and that works in 1920x1080 albeit a bit laggy (not much but a bit).

Greetings,

Ender

I know this because I tested it on the perfectly good MHL device Big Grin
As of "why", I couldn't care less.

And it is also on the manufacturers website. I did read it.Big Grin

As of why it is so low res on PTV3000 - "As Designed".
Same w/missus Nexus 4. So it is a feature of PTV3000.

Photos look fine. Movies look tolerable.

I am glad it works at all.
The Neo N003 is reported to have MHL. So the chipset should support it. As of now, it's the only MTK phone with MHL that I know of.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Here are a couple YouTube videos that supposedly show MHL in use on the Neo n003
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&oq=Neo%20n003%20mhl&gs_l=youtube-reduced.3..0.150.6299.0.7546.12.9.0.3.3.0.206.1588.1j7j1.9.0....0...1ac.1.23.youtube-reduced..1.11.1483.hllRqhHm6TU
...which reminds me..sell this MHL..

eh, no..not worth the trouble..
(2013-09-12, 09:49)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Here are a couple YouTube videos that supposedly show MHL in use on the Neo n003
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&oq=Neo%20n003%20mhl&gs_l=youtube-reduced.3..0.150.6299.0.7546.12.9.0.3.3.0.206.1588.1j7j1.9.0....0...1ac.1.23.youtube-reduced..1.11.1483.hllRqhHm6TU

That's good to know, Giz.

Seems like the chipset itself has no such limitation.

It is the implementation which may or may not have the capability.

Either way I don't care and I'm quite happy w/my Miracast device.

Until they release something better.
I know you don't care Maine. You made that plain to the OP. Just trying to address his question.
Fu Man
Hi !
Oookay, so:
@Maine_Coone11: Its the simple test that concinced you MHL is a NOGO, right ?
I did testing too with 3 different MHL cables (the one from the S3/ Note2 is not even physically fitting).
@Gizbeat:
Thank you for keeping the hope alive as i DO care :-)
As MHL cables are not standardized and as it has to be supported in Firmware (i have had more than one device where MHL was not working until another FW came out) i am still hoping.
Especially if there is a MTK phone that is able to do it.

So lets see...

Miracast is a joke if it only works at 640x480, lets see if other receivers can make more out of it.
I am playing with the free version of MirrorOp and i estimate the "Hi" setting to be something like 1024x600 Resolutionwise.
But as my MirrorOp receiver does only understand MJPEG and not the newer H.264 variant its awful slow (like 10 fps).

Greetings,

Ender

---> Just watched another video of the Neo...
The cable looks exactly liek one of mine... But okay thats just the looks :-)
More important: even on the NEO you have to actively switch HDMI on (on my Samsungs it was activated automatically). And this Option is missing on the i6000. Maybe thats just it :-)
Time will tell...

Greetings,

Ender
inew support says MHL is not supported.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

I don't see a reason why I shouldn't trust them.
Pages: 1 2