www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Review] Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've had just over a day with the Redmi 4 prime. Still on reseller rom for the moment. Currently at 65% battery, 4 hours SOT, 12 hours off charger. Wifi and Bluetooth on, GPS off, auto brightness at 50%. Build quality and screen are very nice. I've only played with the camera briefly, but it seems adequate for my needs. Speaker output is adequate, but not impressive. So far I'm pleased.
Updated. Added link to rough draft of review in the first post.
[quote='GizBeat' pid='59242' dateline='1480742268']

There's the general belief that the shop ROMs are put on/created by the shops, but it's simply not the case. They come that way from Xiaomi, just not OTA

Hi , you're obviously not a PR or apologist for Xiaomi , but why do you think they do this ? It seems effectively a ' global ' rom , why not release it as such ? Odd .
Looks a good phone
Hi Damian -phone arrived yesterday and has been very well received , thanks for your advice . She is most impressed that the auto-rotate works even when the phone is upside down i.e when speaker and camera ends are inverted ! Adding to the digression about eu roms -I guess it's purely superficial , but the eu app icon package looks a lot more ' finished ' than the official . And I don't know about other models , but I don't have a Google search bar across the top of my screen -something one of my friends is most jealous about , because his gets in the way of his nearly naked girls wallpaper.
(2017-01-10, 21:35)RMHC Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Damian -phone arrived yesterday and has been very well received , thanks for your advice . She is most impressed that the auto-rotate works even when the phone is upside down i.e when speaker and camera ends are inverted ! Adding to the digression about eu roms -I guess it's purely superficial , but the eu app icon package looks a lot more ' finished ' than the official . And I don't know about other models , but I don't have a Google search bar across the top of my screen -something one of my friends is most jealous about , because his gets in the way of his nearly naked girls wallpaper.

I hope she was impressed with it other than just the rotate function.

See how she gets on with the ROM it's on now. If she wants to change in the future, can unlock bootloader, flash TWRP and then use eu ROM. I'm still on the fake Global. Seems fine to me. Take a look at changelogs over time as well to see if anything critical fixed, but generally not.
It's quote " amazebugs " , so probably just more than the rotate !
That's awesome. Saved some dough and ended up amazebugs as well. Can't beat that.
Can anybody confirm that this phone (Xiaomi Redmi 4 prime) can do 4G + 4G or only 4G + 3G?
Regards,
Martin
Nice phone

Does ist have Android 7?
Pages: 1 2 3