www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Summary to install 5.1.1 ROM and 6.0.1 ROM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2016-12-28, 17:29)pouskidis Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

No root and factory reset

But I want to reset after update. Won't it brick it if I don't install permanent TWRP?
Have I misunderstood your instructions?
I have done a factory reset after installing 6.0.1 on mine.
It doesn't brick and it works good , but I loose root and the default recovery isn't working.

So to get back root I need to flash permanent TWRP as recovery.

So If you don't want root no need to flash TWRP, but as default recovery isn't working you can not update your phone if new update arrives.

But with permanent TWRP it will be OK.
(2016-12-28, 17:36)stevejc Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

No root and factory reset

But I want to reset after update. Won't it brick it if I don't install permanent TWRP?
It doesn't brick and it works good , but I loose root and the default recovery isn't working.

So If you don't want root no need to flash TWRP, but as default recovery isn't working you can not update your phone if new update arrives.

But with permanent TWRP it will be OK.Thank you for clarifying that stevejc.

If I make a nandroid backup via temporary TWRP I will be able to return to the previous state with working default recovery, right?

I guess your suggestion is:
Install 3.2 and then flash permanent TWRP. No bugs at all.

But lets say I install 3.2 without root (I need to make a cableTV app work, it detects root...). Won't I have cpu and battery problems like other users since I won't be able to install adiutor (no root)?
(2016-12-28, 21:05)pouskidis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-28, 17:36)stevejc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-28, 17:29)pouskidis Wrote: [ -> ]But I want to reset after update. Won't it brick it if I don't install permanent TWRP?

But with permanent TWRP it will be OK.
Thank you for clarifying that stevejc.

If I make a nandroid backup via temporary TWRP I will be able to return to the previous state with working default recovery, right?

I guess your suggestion is:
Install 3.2 and then flash permanent TWRP. No bugs at all.

But lets say I install 3.2 without root (I need to make a cableTV app work, it detects root...). Won't I have cpu and battery problems like other users since I won't be able to install adiutor (no root)?
I haven't tested restoring via TWRP from 6.0.1 to 5.1.1 so can't say but I think it's working. If not, must reflash by QFil 2.2 then install TWRP and restore your backup.

You 're right for changing CPU frequency, you 're must be rooted !

But I think you have to wait a little to see in battery problems persists after several full charges.
And a factory reset is maybe the solution too.

But If you are satisfied with your phone, don't change it ;)
(2016-12-28, 22:20)stevejc Wrote: [ -> ]But I think you have to wait a little to see in battery problems persists after several full charges.

Yep, I am, however we always want what is best! Cool
And if you say it is better than 5.1.1, I have to install it Big Grin

What is the battery policy? Do you notice any improvement in how much it lasts now?
(2016-12-29, 16:51)pouskidis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-28, 22:20)stevejc Wrote: [ -> ]But I think you have to wait a little to see in battery problems persists after several full charges.

Yep, I am, however we always want what is best! Cool
And if you say it is better than 5.1.1, I have to install it Big Grin

What is the battery policy? Do you notice any improvement in how much it lasts now?

I was not happy with 5.1.1 due to battery : I have a long time awake with screen off . For the moment I can not say anything about battery : I'm experiencing so but not noticed anything worse.
Yo encontre esta actualizacion pesa 760 megas de android 5.0 [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Enviado desde mi SM-G530M mediante Tapatalk
Well, I did change the internal battery and now does not get reboots I was having. And it does not drain the way the old one did. I bought it from innos.com. Maybe I will also change the external at some time...

I guess anyone with problems like that should change it. Let's see how long the new one lasts...

Is the policy the same in marshmellow? 85% external -> 85% internal... etc?
(2016-12-30, 00:21)pouskidis Wrote: [ -> ]Is the policy the same in marshmellow? 85% external -> 85% internal... etc?

Yes it's the same
I noticed a difference. The external battery goes until 5% discharge, not until 2%, before the internal battery to become active.
(2016-12-30, 17:23)robbyx Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed a difference. The external battery goes until 5% discharge, not until 2%, before the internal battery to become active.

Isn't that the same in 2.6? It switches while in 5%, not 2%.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5