www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Apollo X - Problems with WIFI and Bluetooth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!
As the subject says, my WIFI and Bluetooth has stopped working and refuses to be put on (remains off, and if I drag the slider in settings, it jumps back to off after little while and/or when leaving that window)

I think this happened with the official update from Vernee (was a month ago or more) but I have tried different methods on how to fix it.

Factory reset - Still same issue.
Flashing old STOCK ROM - Still same issue.
Flashing old STOCK ROM and then taking OTA update - Still same issue.

I have had this for abit since I havnt been able to try to root and do a logcat and/or changing roms, deleting wpa_supplicant etc until now.

Now I have also tried:
Removing wpa_supplicant and all non-system files/folder that has with WIFI to do (backup of them on sdcard obviously, just incase) - Still same problem.
Ran a logcat while I tried to activate WIFI - Failed to load wifi driver. (However with Bluetooth the logcat said it started and turned off, couldnt see any message about driver issue there, but might had missed)
Flashed a new rom after a complete wipe - Still same issue (Havnt run a logcat yet as the new rom just finished booting, but I would assume it will show the same, but I'll update with a logcat when I got the time)

My WIFI MAC address shows as "02:00:00:00:00:00"
My Bluetooth address shows as "Unavaliable"

Is there a way to fix or does it needs to be sent to repair?
@Edicix :

Hello.

Just out of my curiosity, I wish to do a test.
Please do the next test.
Install the next custom rom :

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Follow carefully all the installation steps.
When you will have installed this custom rom,
please verify if the WiFi and Bluetooth issues persist.

Regards
@Cleopatra

I have tried with both Lineage AND Ressurection Remix (Latest release only, not the first two versions you uploaded) and still same problem.
(2017-06-13, 03:52)Edicix Wrote: [ -> ]@Cleopatra

I have tried with both Lineage AND Ressurection Remix (Latest release only, not the first two versions you uploaded) and still same problem.

Mmmmmh ... bad news Sad

I fear that this may be an hardware issue Sad
@Cleopatra

I will try some more things if I find anything, but as it happened suddenly with an update, I am not sure its HW issue, but it could just be a coincidence also.

Will do some more researching tomorrow (and probably this whole week) and write here if I find any solution or if I need to send it for warranty.
(2017-06-13, 04:09)Edicix Wrote: [ -> ]@Cleopatra

I will try some more things if I find anything, but as it happened suddenly with an update, I am not sure its HW issue, but it could just be a coincidence also.

Will do some more researching tomorrow (and probably this whole week) and write here if I find any solution or if I need to send it for warranty.

If it happened with an ota update, you could try the next steps :

1) flash the stock rom (Firmware Upgrade option in SP Flash Tool).

2) Otherwise, restore a previous twrp backup (if you have made it).

Regards
@Cleopatra

Did try those things already, but has contacted them and I will be sending it back for a repair.
Has sent and got told they repaired my phone and I went to post office today and picked it up (arrived yesterday). All in all it took around 5-6 weeks.

I got back a used phone, but not my old one... so will see if they fix this or not.

So dissapointed when I was looking forward to get back my Apollo X again Sad
(2017-08-13, 05:56)Edicix Wrote: [ -> ]Has sent and got told they repaired my phone and I went to post office today and picked it up (arrived yesterday). All in all it took around 5-6 weeks.

I got back a used phone, but not my old one... so will see if they fix this or not.

So dissapointed when I was looking forward to get back my Apollo X again Sad

Why disappointed? Actually it's very normal to receive a refurbished or used replacement. Even big brands do this. Actually it's good that they honored the guarantee. Don't be disappointed. Be happy!
(2017-08-13, 07:08)modestMouse Wrote: [ -> ]Why disappointed? Actually it's very normal to receive a refurbished or used replacement. Even big brands do this. Actually it's good that they honored the guarantee. Don't be disappointed. Be happy!

Not when they tell me they repaired it and will send it back to me.

It was NOT to Vernee I sent it but to the reseller, just to clarify.
Pages: 1 2