www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Vernee Thor E Corrupted SD card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2017-06-27, 01:03)Thomson Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

I dubt it will solve your problem ... but try it.
Then, flash once again (always Firmware Upgrade) the next firmware :

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Regards
I am downloading it right now. The URL says 2017_05_06, but the filename is 2017_05_24. Is that correct? Should I flash 2017 05 24?

Also: Would it make a difference if I insert the SIM cards before flashing the firmware? The previous times I have flashed without SIM cards. I doubt that it makes a difference, but I wanted to ask anyway.
(2017-06-27, 01:31)Thomson Wrote: [ -> ]I am downloading it right now. The URL says 2017_05_06, but the filename is 2017_05_24. Is that correct? Should I flash 2017 05 24?

Exactly ... flash it and tell me how both sim cards work.

Thumbs Up
Okay, here's what happened in the past 5 minutes.
I was about to flash the old ROM, when I thought off trying to insert the sim cards while the phone is on. Now, the 2017_06_15 is still installed on the phone.

So, when I did, the phone detected both sim cards for some reason! Then I did a reboot and they are both still detected! After that I shut the phone down and then started it up. First SIM card 2 was detected. About 5 seconds later SIM card 1 was detected. This seems strange to me.

I will not flash 2017_05_24 for now, because the phone is working. But I think that the problem will come back.

Thanks again for your help, Cleopatra. I find it interesting what your point of view is on this problem so I hope you will reply again.

Kind regards,

Thomson

EDIT: Oh, by the way. The phone is now not rooted. Can I just use TWRP to install SuperSU and Busybox without flashing the firmware again?
(2017-06-27, 02:28)Thomson Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, here's what happened in the past 5 minutes.
I was about to flash the old ROM, when I thought off trying to insert the sim cards while the phone is on. Now, the 2017_06_15 is still installed on the phone.

So, when I did, the phone detected both sim cards for some reason! Then I did a reboot and they are both still detected! After that I shut the phone down and then started it up. First SIM card 2 was detected. About 5 seconds later SIM card 1 was detected. This seems strange to me.

I will not flash 2017_05_24 for now, because the phone is working. But I think that the problem will come back.

Thanks again for your help, Cleopatra. I find it interesting what your point of view is on this problem so I hope you will reply again.

Kind regards,

Thomson

You have just given a very precious information to all the owners of this phone.
I have only one sim, then I never noticed about this problem.

Remain at the latest firmware (THOR_E-2017_06_15).

It was interesting the exchange of ideas with you.

Regards

Smiling
Yes, I hope some other owners of this phone will have an advantage because of this topic. Just wanted to ask you again (because I edited the previous post):

The phone is now not rooted. Can I just use TWRP to install SuperSU and Busybox without flashing the firmware again? Or should I first install SuperSU, then Busybox and finally flash the firmware?
(2017-06-27, 02:43)Thomson Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

2) Download the next rar :

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

3) Unrar SU_BU-June_2017.rar
4) Copy the two zips onto your microSD
5) Unrar the twrp
6) Turn off your phone.
7) Run SP Flash Tool.
8) Load the scatter file inside the twrp folder
9) Flash the recovery.img (Download only option).
10) Connect your phone to the pc with USB cable.
11) When 100% ... disconnect the USB cable.
12) Press volume up + power buttons simultaneously.
13) Select the first white line and press volume down.

VITAL STEPS :

14) Tap Install, Select Storage, Micro SDCard, OK.
15) Tap on SR1-SuperSU-v2.82-SR1-20170608224931.zip
16) Swipe to confirm Flash.
17) Repeat same steps for Busybox v1.26.2 zip
18) Tap on Reboot.
19) Tap on the icon of SuperSU to activate it.
Should I enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking? Or just leave them disabled?
(2017-06-27, 03:20)Thomson Wrote: [ -> ]Should I enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking? Or just leave them disabled?

USB debugging and OEM unlocking ... of course.
I have just did the things that you told me to do.
When the phone was booted it detected only SIM card 2. I then pressed the SuperSU icon and rebooted the phone. Again only SIM card 2 was detected. The IMEI numbers are in place and correct.

I then shut the phone down and removed the sim card tray. I then powered the phone up, and inserted the sim card tray. Both SIM cards were immediately detected.

So, for everyone that has the problem with the first SIM card not being detected:
Boot your phone without the SIM cards. After that insert the SIM cards.
Pages: 1 2 3