www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: heuuu how to have english factory mode mt6589
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
or translation

[Image: 8wde.jpg]

also, can this chip receive a modem radio update to get the 1700mhz band working?

I like the rugged phone.I use my phone on my motorcycle. But unfortunately we are on the not so common aws1700/2100 and there is not much rugged phone with that

by the way, phone is an alp s09 branded neken: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Hello. Welcome.

I think you want recovery mode, correct? Hold the VOLUME button the other way when you start the phone. You should see an English recovery mode. (VOL one way opens factory mode, VOL the other way opens recovery mode)

There is no way to add a radio. Not by a layman anyways. I suppose if you had some electronics wizard, he could possibly add a radio.
I saw the pic.

Please slow down, and read what I wrote you again. That is FACTORY MODE. Do you really want factory mode, or do you want RECOVERY MODE? If you want RECOVERY MODE, hold the VOLUME BUTTON the OTHER WAY.
(2013-11-06, 23:22)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]I saw the pic.

Please slow down, and read what I wrote you again. That is FACTORY MODE. Do you really want factory mode, or do you want RECOVERY MODE? If you want RECOVERY MODE, hold the VOLUME BUTTON the OTHER WAY.

factory, just like to see in english what is there.
There's nothing to do in factory mode except test your various components.
thanks. apreciated. Now I'm in a search for a new similar phone with the 1700mhz.....yet it dont look good.....look like this band is the poor forgotten one.
They forget a lot Smile

There are very few China phones with AWS 1700/2100. Huawei has a few penta-band WCDMA phones, but they're relatively expensive. Where are you? In USA?
more north...canada I am realy looking for a shock / waterproof phone. I want to get rid of the case when fix to my motorcycle handlebar. I've saw the CAT B15 but less powerfull and smaller screen. Mediatek chip also but with the 1700AWS. I wrote to mediatek to be sure but did not got an answer yet and doubt I will get one....
MediaTek won't be able to answer you. It's not up to MediaTek to put the radio in the phone. It's up to the manufacturer.

Take my word for it. There's no 1700 and there's no way to implement it unless you're an electronics wizard. It needs to be included on the main board from the factory/manufacturer.
tell me: the Alcatel One Touch Scribe X spec list both a mediatek 6589 chip and a 1700 band.... is it a spec bad information that spread over the net you think? If not, some weird brain guys would probably be able to do something.
Pages: 1 2