www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [CWM] iNew V3 CWM 6.0.4.4 Touch Recovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Includes scatter. Flash through SP Flash Tool or if rooted already, copy to SD and flash with Mobile Uncle app.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Hello,
could you share how you get root on this phone? I tried MTK Droid&tools with SP Flash Tool and Eroot with no success. Possibly wrong ADB drivers.

Thank you,
The easiest way is to use vroot. Framaroot and motochopper won't work. If using vroot, you'll be stuck with KingUser though. But in my opinion, that's not a problem. KingUser is fine. The newest version should be English KingUser.

I'll be writing a post on the alternative method soon.
Guys, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT factory reset with this recovery, it formats /system which then will soft brick your phone.

If you must factory reset, make a backup first to SD through this recovery. Then after factory reset, select 'advanced restore', then choose "/system". Please share this with any forum you see this recovery posted.

Thank GOD I had accidentally made a backup.

Will try to get to the bottom of the issue.
What if I do factory reset from within the Android? Will it also soft-brick the phone?
And btw, what is KingUser? Some APK like SuperUser? I'm new to MTK phones...
Can somebody upload a backup of the system partition (made by CWM) for me?
I lost my system partition.
Earlier I made a backup on my external SD card, but now it is also undetectable, I don't know how I made it, but it is fully corrupted now.
I can enter into CWM, and with an other SD Card I think I could unbrick my phone, with the system backup.
Thanks.
which Flash tool is the right one ??
Hello,

Not sure if you will be hitting the same problem. I had loads of issues trying root a previous MTK phone. Turned out it was because I was using SPFlash with a 64bit machine (regardless of what drivers I used). Tried it on a 32bit machine and all worked. If you don't have access to a 32bit machine you could always try with a virtual machine. Haven't tried that but it should work.
(2014-01-04, 20:07)rocky1 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Big Grin
@Gizbeat: does this version still has problems with scatter like v5.5 did? If yes, when will it be fixed? I would like to try this touch version too. What are other features of this newer version?
Pages: 1 2 3