www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Xiaomi Hongmi vs iNew V3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello guys,
I registered to ask you all a question regarding Xiaomi's Hongmi model and iNew's V3.

I intended to buy Hongmi until I read the thorough review of V3 by Gizbeat, so at the moment I'm having some second thoughts because V3 seems really good. I know Xiaomi's the bigger name and a better company but the V3 has better specs for the same price. Please share your experiences with the two phones. I want information about them in general.

tl;dr Hongmi and V3 owners please give me your opinion on the phones.
Well, I´d like to add some other phones which are similar (MTK6582, 1GB RAM, HD display, some with new display technology, e.g. OGS, some with Corning Gorilla glas)

Huawei Honor 3C
Jiayu G2F
Motorola Moto G
Doogee Turbo DG2014
(2014-01-06, 04:11)Aletheus Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys,
I registered to ask you all a question regarding Xiaomi's Hongmi model and iNew's V3.

I intended to buy Hongmi until I read the thorough review of V3 by Gizbeat, so at the moment I'm having some second thoughts because V3 seems really good. I know Xiaomi's the bigger name and a better company but the V3 has better specs for the same price. Please share your experiences with the two phones. I want information about them in general.

tl;dr Hongmi and V3 owners please give me your opinion on the phones.

I think if I were in Europe, I might go with the Xiaomi. I like the iNew V3, but as you mentioned, Xiaomi is the better name, and iNew still has to prove itself over the long haul. It's definitely a tough choice.
(2014-01-06, 22:24)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]I think if I were in Europe, I might go with the Xiaomi. I like the iNew V3, but as you mentioned, Xiaomi is the better name, and iNew still has to prove itself over the long haul. It's definitely a tough choice.

Where are you from? Why choose the Xiaomi? I don't think the V3 will have any issues in term of reception.

And about iNew proving itself over the long haul, you said in your youtube review, and on your blog that it has absolutely no flaws apart from the camera (which is naturally limited, as is Xiaomi's I assume) and the low battery.

I'm sorry to push this further, but I really need (and kindly ask for) some detailed analyses and answers. Thank you.
Welcome to the forums, Aletheus!

I think they're both very comparable phones, but that Xiaomi has a more proven track record whereas iNew is still a relatively knew contender. The forums here are big fans of the iNew i6000, but some (maybe one?) of iNew's other phones fell a little bit short of expectations. It simply boils down to proven track record vs unproven. In either case, I'm sure the phones are close competitors. Best of luck with your search.
maybe you should think about

iocean x7 hd mtk6582
Jiayu G2F
Doogee Turbo DG2014

Newman K2S MTK6592
Lenovo S939 MT6592 Octa Core
Star S9 MTK6592 Octa Core
ThL T200 MTK6592 Octa Core
ThL T100S MTK6592 Octa Core
the inew V3 looks gorgeous, but its battery is too small for comfort. anything below 2000mAh is by definition a deal breaker to me.
@1949deal New models don't interest me unless they are under $200 at the moment and only if they have substantial evidence that they are good quality (like Xiaomi) or sound very promising (like V3).

I feel like we've moved nowhere.

Xiaomi > V3
-quality name
-bigger battery
-stronger processsor

V3 > Xiaomi
-everything else (on paper)

Does anyone here own any of the two phones (Gizbeat has V3, that much I know)?

This is my first China phone and I don't want to regret my decision.
I was ready to place an order with 1949deal for the V3 since they seem reliable and Gizbeat recommended them, but now Gizbeat says that he would choose Xiaomi in my place, and I am really stuck at a crossroads.
(2014-01-07, 23:35)Aletheus Wrote: [ -> ]@1949deal New models don't interest me unless they are under $200 at the moment and only if they have substantial evidence that they are good quality (like Xiaomi) or sound very promising (like V3).

I feel like we've moved nowhere.

Xiaomi > V3
-quality name
-bigger battery
-stronger processsor

V3 > Xiaomi
-everything else (on paper)

Does anyone here own any of the two phones (Gizbeat has V3, that much I know)?

This is my first China phone and I don't want to regret my decision.
I was ready to place an order with 1949deal for the V3 since they seem reliable and Gizbeat recommended them, but now Gizbeat says that he would choose Xiaomi in my place, and I am really stuck at a crossroads.

I'm saying that if I was in Europe, I would probably give Xiaomi a try. It interests me because of the high quality name with the low price.

I really like the V3 and think it's a great deal.

Also, I would recommend you don't expect too much, or you might be disappointed regardless of what you buy.
@Gizbeat
Yes, but the Hongmi has a smaller screen, far worse cameras, and far less ROM. I appreciate your sage wisdom at this point but I'm faced with a severe lack of facts and the last thing I want to do is base my judgement on hear-say.
I am not "expecting too much" but I'd like to know this new area more thoroughly, and that means the hidden aspects and reasoning behind decisions.
Pages: 1 2 3