www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Tip] How to access your phone storage over USB in 1.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The issue here is that mounting via USB is usually the most convenient, quickest way to transfer files. Over WiFi is generally slow and limited to 1MB/s. It's also not always viable to connect to the host PC via WiFi to transfer the files. Possibly because of firewalls, not knowing passwords to the user account to access the PC etc... Yes, on home network, it's not such a big issue.

I generally use phone storage for one thing - movies, and the MTP seems to handle that fine. I mean I haven't run into any issues with it as of yet.

The other possibly even more troubling issue - is that factory reset with both CWM 6.0.4.4, and with stock recovery, completely wipes phone storage, so definitely don't store your photos or anything important there.
(2014-01-31, 23:57)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]The other possibly even more troubling issue - is that factory reset with both CWM 6.0.4.4, and with stock recovery, completely wipes phone storage, so definitely don't store your photos or anything important there.

Yes this is the biggest issue of all!!
Yes. I'll not use 1.0.4 without a TF Card. It's not so expensive.
About FAT file limits, I think JB 4.2 have enough NTFS support to use a NTFS formatted TF Card.
Just backup, format it as NTFS on your PC, restore and plug on your phone.
(2014-02-03, 04:58)jomirguez Wrote: [ -> ]About FAT file limits, I think JB 4.2 have enough NTFS support to use a NTFS formatted TF Card.

And there are even apps on Google Play that make NTFS file system ready for both read/write.
I use to view films on another JB 4.2 device, a JXD S7800B tablet, both with NTFS formatted TF cards and pendrives. I don't remember have any read or write issue. But this aren't the main SD Card of the android system.
(2014-02-03, 05:02)Burs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-03, 04:58)jomirguez Wrote: [ -> ]About FAT file limits, I think JB 4.2 have enough NTFS support to use a NTFS formatted TF Card.

And there are even apps on Google Play that make NTFS file system ready for both read/write.

What about on recovery mode?
Is the NTFS formatted card still readable?
Surely not. You can only fomat it as FAT from recovery.
So, formatting the sd card to NTFS is not a solution to FAT32 limits, because we will not be able to install,update,backup and restore anything on recovery mode!
We still back at the beginning!
Hi,

There is something I don't understand. I got my new V3 with 1.0.4 firmware originally. If I connect it to my Windows 8.1 notebook by USB I can see and handle both internal storage (the whole 12.89 GB) and SD card in my notebook's file explorer. Without doing anything special.

So, what is the problem?
(2014-02-15, 16:51)ctibor Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

There is something I don't understand. I got my new V3 with 1.0.4 firmware originally. If I connect it to my Windows 8.1 notebook by USB I can see and handle both internal storage (the whole 12.89 GB) and SD card in my notebook's file explorer. Without doing anything special.

So, what is the problem?

There's no problem. If you don't know the story behind the curtain. There is something called MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) and USB Mass Storage Mode. On 1.0.4 firmware you have only MTP as an option, which is in many ways inferior to USB Mass Storage Mode. I won't explain differences here, as I already did in two other threads.
Pages: 1 2 3