www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Tip] How to access your phone storage over USB in 1.0.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2014-02-15, 22:13)Burs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-15, 16:51)ctibor Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

There is something I don't understand. I got my new V3 with 1.0.4 firmware originally. If I connect it to my Windows 8.1 notebook by USB I can see and handle both internal storage (the whole 12.89 GB) and SD card in my notebook's file explorer. Without doing anything special.

So, what is the problem?

There's no problem. If you don't know the story behind the curtain. There is something called MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) and USB Mass Storage Mode. On 1.0.4 firmware you have only MTP as an option, which is in many ways inferior to USB Mass Storage Mode. I won't explain differences here, as I already did in two other threads.

OK, thank you for the short explanation, now it's a bit clearer to me. No need to explain the details since I am just a simple user, far from being an expert... And as far as I can copy from and to both my phone's Strorage and external SD Card when the phone is connected to my notebook -- it's all right.
(2014-02-19, 21:43)ctibor Wrote: [ -> ]And as far as I can copy from and to both my phone's Strorage and external SD Card when the phone is connected to my notebook -- it's all right.

That's the main reason I don't like MTP, because the files which are locked by Android OS, you can't even see on your notebook, even if they are there. And other times you will see files which you clearly remember you deleted few days ago. A real mess if you ask me. I myself cannot depend on such uncertain situations, and I don't trust this "virtual filesystem" if it doesn't reflect the actual filesystem state. If you're, like you said, a simple user, that might not struck you as hard as it would struck me, so I agree some people wouldn't see it as a problem.
Pages: 1 2 3