www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Hard Bricked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Saw something called Piranha Box and my thoughts turned to my hard bricked N9776. Wondered if anyone has any experience with this tool?
I think for MTK based phones you not need any specific "magic" hardware.

Every mtk based phone's motherboard there is a "service spot".
(just need to recognise it)

If the phone hardbircked...The PC cant recognise, no charge, no anything...Just plug on USB to PC, short the "service spot", and the PC will recoginse and you can flash rom with SPFlashTools.

I did it many times on my Inew i2000
thanks Ill try it.
Hi Skot 78 I got hard bricked too and my pc regonize mi cel as single usb port and when I try to flashed with sp flash tool its says.... failed to open com 24....Help me out... please thanks... regards....

P.S my cellphone model is alps gt-n7100 mtk 6575
what do you look for on the board to recognise the service spot?
(2014-02-13, 06:05)dmac1863 Wrote: [ -> ]what do you look for on the board to recognise the service spot?

As I understand it - its a small circular spot of metal on the motherboard. The idea is short this on a metal part of the phone, this will then allow your desktop to recognise the phone again. You can then flash back the ROM. Have taken my N9776 apart, but so far no luck.
(2014-02-15, 03:27)Bazabaza Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

It's a little bit separated...maybe help.
thanks, but how will you do that. Short the spot?
(2014-02-16, 07:16)jholyn15 Wrote: [ -> ]thanks, but how will you do that. Short the spot?

I used a little piece of wire...Plug the phone to the pc, prepare for flashing (with Flashtools for example with stable rom) and sort the spot to any metal piece (i use the screws in the motherboard) and that's it!
(2014-02-16, 07:16)jholyn15 Wrote: [ -> ]thanks, but how will you do that. Short the spot?

So, you did it?
Pages: 1 2