www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [split] 4.2.1 Not smooth. Downgrading to 4.1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm thinking it may be a change with CPU governor? I've noticed that my phone is using a lot less battery with 4.2, so maybe they changed the default governor to a more aggresssive one and the CPU is sleeping more often and ramping up the speed slower, which might lead to some perceived UI lag.
There are always more users who have these problems, particularly typing of login data, forum apps and whatsapp (me too).

I hope Wind is reading our reports ;)
kuroyume Wrote:I'm thinking it may be a change with CPU governor? I've noticed that my phone is using a lot less battery with 4.2, so maybe they changed the default governor to a more aggresssive one and the CPU is sleeping more often and ramping up the speed slower, which might lead to some perceived UI lag.

I don't notice any change to the default CPU governor, which is always the hotplug governor.
I have problems with switkey keyboard in 4.2 version, in 4.1 version runs fast.
Other problem in 4.2 is the scroll, ocasionally work bad, slow, i change to force gpu but the problem is greater, is now slower the scroll
(2013-04-14, 03:32)ChrisX Wrote: [ -> ]After 3 repeated experiences with 4.2 Jelly Bean Firmwares, i was going back to the Wind 4.1 ROM.

Why?

Every 4.2 ROM i tested, was not run smoothly like 4.1 Wind ROM!
But thats what everybody wants ... run smoothly!
Whether homescreen and app drawer scrolling, typing messages or in tapatalk, look through the gallery ... every 4.2 ROM runs not smoothly like 4.1 Wind or Stock Zopo 4.1 Firmware! I used same apps and configurations like before in 4.1 ROM!
Especially tapatalk you can not write fluently!
I think the 4.2 stock firmware, build on all custom roms, is still not programmed clean ...
I renounce rather on a few new features in 4.2, due to a fast and smooth system Smiling
Hope there will soon be an improved firmware, and in addition some custom firmware.

These are my impressions of new 4.2 firmware, ... i`m happy with the "old" 4.1 Wind ROM ;)

How your experiences are compared to firmware 4.1?

Is there any procedure to downgrade to 4.1 please give me all links
thanks
(2013-05-16, 21:48)ahmedfraz4u Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any procedure to downgrade to 4.1 please give me all links
thanks

The same way you upgraded to 4.2.1. Flash a 4.1.2 ROM or upgrade from SD.

Why would you want to downgrade?
(2013-05-16, 21:48)ahmedfraz4u Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any procedure to downgrade to 4.1 please give me all links
thanks

Why want downgrade to 4.1? New Zopo ROM 4.2.1 from 25.04. works fine in contrast to the older 4.2.1, there are some bug fixes.
If you really want downgrade to 4.1, then you must flash complete ROM with SPFlashtool!
(2013-04-15, 21:27)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-15, 20:55)mke2fs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-14, 20:16)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]There is now new information coming in that many Chinese are also experiencing the same issues of lack of smoothness. Perhaps their attention to detail is better than I thought.

Their solution is to put a custom launcher for the time being. It HELPS, but certainly doesn't solve the issue.

I am using ADW Launcher Ex at the moment. But still, I experienced lagging sometimes.

Yea, I like ADW too. I've tried Apex, Nova, ADW... They are better than stock, but something isn't quite right. It's almost as if they left a huge chunk out of whatever it is that makes Android interface smooth.

That being said, I didn't notice a big difference between 4.1.2 and 4.2.1. Though I didn't notice the Keyboard lag in 4.1.2 like I do in 4.2.1.

My hope is they get it right with 950+ and it's easily portable.
Is there GPS fix with 4.2.1
Confused i think i will also downgrade to 4.1.2 because too difficult to root and CWM on 4.2.1
(2013-05-21, 05:55)superboost Wrote: [ -> ]Confused i think i will also downgrade to 4.1.2 because too difficult to root and CWM on 4.2.1

Hi,
I think the reason you tell is no reasons for a downgrade. There about five roms that work really good. Actually I use Dzhyn V4.1 (Android 4.2.1). In this rom twrp recovery is integrated. It' very easy to change to CWM. You only have to flash recovery.img from another 4.2.1 ROM (p.e. Gizbeats combo rom) to your phone. That's all.

Regards
Pages: 1 2 3