www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Cynogenmod KitKat roms for MK6589 Devices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2014-03-14, 19:15)Sanxion Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Vibe 1.5 is the 4.4 ROM
Proof:
[Image: VUrDkPJLezS9a-LuXAPmTHhYCJ3lsRcPTPu2VuAt...XXL&crop=0]
(2014-03-14, 20:07)MaxP101 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Vibe 1.5 is the 4.4 ROM
Proof:
[Image: VUrDkPJLezS9a-LuXAPmTHhYCJ3lsRcPTPu2VuAt...XXL&crop=0]

Thanks...as this ROM is for the Vibe 1.5 (MT6592), does it mean it can be installed on the iNew i6000?
I don't think you fully understood me.
But no you cannot install this on the iNew i6000 I'm afraid.
You'll have to wait for a port or source built ROM for the i6000 which is not being developed at this moment.
(2014-03-14, 22:16)Sanxion Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks...as this ROM is for the Vibe 1.5 (MT6592), does it mean it can be installed on the iNew i6000?
pal, you CANNOT install a firmware to your phone, that is not made for your phone
(2014-03-18, 02:09)gerstavros Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-14, 22:16)Sanxion Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks...as this ROM is for the Vibe 1.5 (MT6592), does it mean it can be installed on the iNew i6000?
pal, you CANNOT install a firmware to your phone, that is not made for your phone

Thank-you. I understand. However, as many of these MK6589 devices are similar in their architecture, I wondered if it would be compatible.
nope unfortunately it does not work like this.
problem is that even though you have the same chipset, all the peripheral devices can and will be completely different.
eg but not limited to - display driver etc.
you would just screw up your phone.
there are actually no custom roms for MTK phones. MTK does not release the source code so noone can make one except they reverse engineer the code.
Also be very careful - just because it says its 4.4.x it doesnt have to be - its fairly easy to fake the numbers and even make the rom look like kitkat if you have a lot of spare time on your hands.
Maybe Lenovo has a KitKat ROM, if its official Vibe ROM it might be. (no way to tell for sure except ask Lenovo)
(2014-03-18, 16:23)linr76 Wrote: [ -> ]nope unfortunately it does not work like this.
problem is that even though you have the same chipset, all the peripheral devices can and will be completely different.
eg but not limited to - display driver etc.
you would just screw up your phone.
there are actually no custom roms for MTK phones. MTK does not release the source code so noone can make one except they reverse engineer the code.
Also be very careful - just because it says its 4.4.x it doesnt have to be - its fairly easy to fake the numbers and even make the rom look like kitkat if you have a lot of spare time on your hands.
Maybe Lenovo has a KitKat ROM, if its official Vibe ROM it might be. (no way to tell for sure except ask Lenovo)

Do we know if iNew themselves intend to release an updated ROM?
depends of "which" inew you ask -
inewphone (which i think is the "real" manufacturer) doesnt answer to email inqiries.
inewmobile has repeatedly stated that "their engineers are testing and we will release on our website" funny enough, whenever there is a new ROM, they post a link to the baidu cloud (and its a link to the inewphone user) strange strange....

I would not have high hopes for MTK phones to be upgraded to anything newer than what they come with.
4.2.2 is ok enough, some brand phones still come out with this Version of Android. and most brand phones released some time ago wont receive 4.4 update either.
if you want an Android phone that always has the latest release you have to buy a google nexus - and then about every 3 years a new one...
(2014-03-18, 21:01)linr76 Wrote: [ -> ]depends of "which" inew you ask -
inewphone (which i think is the "real" manufacturer) doesnt answer to email inqiries.
inewmobile has repeatedly stated that "their engineers are testing and we will release on our website" funny enough, whenever there is a new ROM, they post a link to the baidu cloud (and its a link to the inewphone user) strange strange....

I would not have high hopes for MTK phones to be upgraded to anything newer than what they come with.
4.2.2 is ok enough, some brand phones still come out with this Version of Android. and most brand phones released some time ago wont receive 4.4 update either.
if you want an Android phone that always has the latest release you have to buy a google nexus - and then about every 3 years a new one...

Thank-you for the response. I was hoping a new ROM would fix my iNew problems:

1. Green screen for the camera
2. Barely audible call volume
3. Intermittent GPS loss/confusion
4. Poor 3G signal unless there is a clear sky - which being in England is rare

I don't think I will be buying another iNew phone...I came from a Note 3 which didn't have these problems and was initially very pleased with my i6000 - particularly the larger screen - but as time passes I seem to notice more problems.

I will be upgrading to a Vivo Xplay 3S or ZTE Nubia X6 next - which are hopefully supported better.
which model do you have?
inew has been fairly frequent with bringing fixes and updates to their line of products.
maybe your problems can be resolved by upgrading to the latest available fw for your model.

regarding the barely audible call volume - there are some tricks you can try with the MTK engineering mode (like raise volume levels) but it can and will damage your phone if you are not carful. (Zopo seem to have similar problems and it has been described many times - try searching for "Zopo C2 sound volume mtk)
Gizbeat has posted a very informative thread about how to fix your GPS problems - did you have a look at that?

on a side note, i honestly do not think you will find anything nearly comparable to a Samsung Note 3 in the chinese market.
i have had a my share of Samsung phones as well (D880, Leo 3, S1, S3, Note 1, now Galaxy Grand) and they are high quality....
Pages: 1 2 3