www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Coolpad 9976A Flash Stock Rom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
Need help how to revert back to stock. Bought from Aliexpress Store with root & install GooglePlayStore. Now unable to upgrade even got OTA & when install it wont start up. Need to press vol down + home + power, then it will boot as normal.

Hardware : MT6592
Model : Coolpad 9976A
Build number : Coolpad 9976A
Build date UTC : 20140126-220925
Android v : 4.2.2
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V19.P1, 2014/01/27 06:02
Kernel v : 3.4.39 (mine@mine) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Thu Jan 16 21:16:18 CST 2014

Did try:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

but unable to install Cool CDS buffet upgrade tool V4.29. & dont understand instruction all in chinese characters.

Thanks,[/font]
Try to load the pages in google chrome. It will translate the pages for you automatically. I saw that there is a section called frequently asked questions. May be you can find the answer there.
(2014-03-06, 00:48)apple2005 Wrote: [ -> ]Try to load the pages in google chrome. It will translate the pages for you automatically. I saw that there is a section called frequently asked questions. May be you can find the answer there.

Hi,
Yes i am using Google translate. Now stuck on installing driver for YL9976A-VCOM-MTK6592, no where to find it even on Baidu Webs for Window 7 64Bit.

Any how to install this driver?

Thanks,Puppy Eyes
Do you have the VCOM driver?

Installation is rather tricky, cos you only have a short timespan after plugging in the powered off phone.

You should have the driver(-directories) and the windows hardware manager open.

When you plug-in the powered off phone, it will be shown (only for a short amount of time) in the hardware manager. Than right click on it and use "update driver" pointing to the vcom driver directory.

Depending on your OS it is possible that you may need to disable "only signed drivers".

Regards
The Coolpad CDS software is crap and did always forceclose on my pc.
Luckily before it tries to write anything on the phone.

Best thing to do is making a (real) backup (SP-Flashtool and MTKDroidTool) as soon as possible.

With that, you're able to recover almost everything if something goes wrong.

Regards
Problem -SOLVED-

Flash to stock using CDS on Window XP. Currently not support for Win7/8.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Thanks,
@sandorag

Thank you for that information.

If WinXP is needed, I'll use WinXP-virtual machine for that software. My 9976A is working okay, so no need for that yet.

Regards
(2014-03-27, 17:47)thor2001 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Go there & download...
@sandorag

You got me wrong...I've got my 9976A (v056, rooted) working okay (with google), despite a small issue with banking-sms and paid apps going missing after a reboot.

But i've found a workaround for both problems, too.

Thanks anyway.

Regards
(2014-03-28, 23:18)thor2001 Wrote: [ -> ]@sandorag

You got me wrong...I've got my 9976A (v056, rooted) working okay (with google), despite a small issue with banking-sms and paid apps going missing after a reboot.

But i've found a workaround for both problems, too.

Thanks anyway.

Regards

Hi there,
Current firmware is v068. To install Google Play you dont have to root. Test it already on my 9976A also. Happy to share...

Thanks,
Pages: 1 2