www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: CWM Recovery and Root S7589
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Files needed:
- [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register](Note, this is the newest version as of this post). Use this or a newer version, versions older than a week or so from the date of this thread likely won't work with MTK6589
- [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
- [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] for root control
- Your phone
- USB cable

Full tutorial on the main site - [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Quick and dirty:

• Install [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and verify in device manager
• Copy [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] to your external SD
• Run [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and load appropriate scatter
• Turn Off Phone, pull out the battery for 5 seconds and put it back in
• Click 'Download' on Flash Tools
• Plug in Phone - You will see it install the recovery. It should finish with a green circle
• Boot into recovery by holding vol+ and power together
• Select 'update from SD'
• Navigate to the previously copied superuser zip and select it
• Reboot and verify root

Gizbeat won't be held responsible if your phone bricks or dies. You attempt at your own risk.
(2013-04-24, 21:23)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register](Note, this is the newest version as of this post). Use this or a newer version, versions older than a week or so from the date of this thread likely won't work with MTK6589
- [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
- [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] for root control
- Your phone
- USB cable

Full tutorial on the main site - [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Quick and dirty:

• Install [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and verify in device manager
• Copy [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] to your external SD
• Run [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and load appropriate scatter
• Turn Off Phone, pull out the battery for 5 seconds and put it back in
• Click 'Download' on Flash Tools
• Plug in Phone - You will see it install the recovery. It should finish with a green circle
• Boot into recovery by holding vol+ and power together
• Select 'update from SD'
• Navigate to the previously copied superuser zip and select it
• Reboot and verify root

Gizbeat won't be held responsible if your phone bricks or dies. You attempt at your own risk.

When you make reference to CWM Recovery. Just to be sure. This will update the phone so when using POWER + VOLUME+ (UP) it goes into recovery mode with options ? (Currently my S7599 16g doesn't even go into recovery mode) .
It should. But this is for S7589. It SHOULD work with S7599 as well, but I can't be sure. If there's a scatter in the download, don't use it. Make sure you use your OWN SCATTER and backup your recovery with MTK Droid Tools first.

You can also attempt to make your own recovery. See the tutorials in the Root forum. Please let us know how it works out regardless of how you do it so that future users can benefit.
Update needed for this tutorial.
I tried a couple of times but never got it to work.

I followed the steps 100% correctly.

Flashtool suggests to use firmware upgrade.
to root china phone (mtk 65XX series)

easy way to root ( u need to run it with computer n your phone on)

1) go n download [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
2) download [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

now run the first one, most of the time , it should be able to root, if first one cannot root, then run the second one, i will say if u run one after the other, u have 95% to get rooted

then flash the recovery,

1) download the recovery.img from the web site (which suit your phone model)
then copy the recovery.img to your sd card (must be at the root of the sd card)

2) download mobileuncle from play store. (in your phone)
then run the mobileuncle in your phone, there u hit "recovery update" then u choose the one u have copied to sd card, then it will reboot n u have flash the recovery
which website can we download a recovery for our phone model?

how safe is this with regards to getting the phone bricked?
I had a S7589(16GB)/S7599 phone received on 21/05/2013, on 23/05/2013, i formated my phone with SP Flash tool, sure after that, i bricked my phone totally, cannot power on, cannot even charge the phone. so i have tried to flash all the rom for S7589 at needrom.com are for 4gb/8gb version, but no luck, it stop at Enable Dram fail (4032). so i thought the 16gb vesion is different from 4gb/8gb, so i waited about 2 weeks for some one who got problem also with the same phone, then started to communicate, finally i unbrick my phone. I am quite sure that the phone can be restored as long as when the phone(without the battery) plug into the computer , u can hear the sound " tin don" or something like that , then the phone has 99.99% to recover. For how to unbrick the phone u can refer to
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] (which i posted in english)
thanks for sharing mobileuncle! i have already flashed my recovery and now using a MaxIII HD rom!
(2013-07-22, 14:39)trac006 Wrote: [ -> ]Update needed for this tutorial.

It's impossible to help you if you didn't say what the problem is. The recovery is tested and working fine for s7589. Flash Tool always suggests to use firmware upgrade when you select 'download'.

If you just need to root and don't need CWM, follow the root sticky in root, hack, develop forum.
(2013-08-14, 07:51)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-22, 14:39)trac006 Wrote: [ -> ]Update needed for this tutorial.

It's impossible to help you if you didn't say what the problem is. The recovery is tested and working fine for s7589. Flash Tool always suggests to use firmware upgrade when you select 'download'.

If you just need to root and don't need CWM, follow the root sticky in root, hack, develop forum.

I did say that it says to do a firmware upgrade, and that was the end of the process since it was the error itself.
Anyway, i was able to put it CWM based on stevenma61's short guide.
Pages: 1 2