www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Official Zopo 4.2.1 24 APR 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
More detailed instructions on the main site (skip over the steps regarding root) - [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Thanks to iankinthos for making us aware.

NOTE: If you want a custom recovery, [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and extract to the folder of the extracted ROM overwriting the files already there.

Quick and dirty:
• Install [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and verify in device manager
• Run [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
• Load appropriate scatter
• Turn Off Phone, pull out the battery and put it back in
• Click 'Upgrade Firmware' on Flash Tools
• Plug in Phone - You will see it install the rom. Takes about 2 or 3 minutes. It should finish with a green circle
• To start fresh without the Chinese apps - wipe Dalvik, Cache, Factory Reset, Reboot
• Bam you're a ninja.

Enjoy
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Mirror from ChrisX: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2013-04-26, 21:18)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Thanks to iankinthos for making us aware.

Quick and dirty:
• Install [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and verify in device manager
• Run [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
• Load appropriate scatter
• Turn Off Phone, pull out the battery and put it back in
• Click 'Upgrade Firmware' on Flash Tools
• Plug in Phone - You will see it install the rom. Takes about 2 or 3 minutes. It should finish with a green circle
• To start fresh without the Chinese apps - wipe Dalvik, Cache, Factory Reset, Reboot
• Bam you're a ninja.

Enjoy
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

whats new ?
the phone runs way smoother with this new rom. almost no lag.
How can I get into recovery or better install custom recovery (cwm) on this rom. I pointed recovery to cwm recovery image after loading scatter but I still can't boot into default recovery or cwm recovery. Pls help
(2013-04-28, 04:42)spicyuzo Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and let us know the results. Also, recommend TWRP (included in this .RAR) as opposed to CWM, but it's your call.
flash lk.bin for TWRM and also CWM cause that brightness regulation is not working. Without replacing these 2 files the regulation is working well. SO how to get recovery to this new rom, any idea?

UPDATE: so the problem is in superuser zip not recovery that cause these troubles, so you can flash LK bin mentioned bellow
(2013-04-28, 14:36)pavlis42 Wrote: [ -> ]flash lk.bin for TWRM and also CWM cause that brightness regulation is not working. Without replacing these 2 files the regulation is working well. SO how to get recovery to this new rom, any idea?

UPDATE: so the problem is in superuser zip not recovery that cause these troubles, so you can flash LK bin mentioned bellow

Pavlis, from what I understand, the new 4.2.1 has issues with the auto brightness. Waiting for a patch.
(2013-04-28, 05:17)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and let us know the results. Also, recommend TWRP (included in this .RAR) as opposed to CWM, but it's your call.

thanks for your help. now i can boot into recovery and TWRP is really nice and has alot more options on a nice layout. thanks again...
the problem is not superuser is the recovery. The brightness works randomly, sometimes it goes, sometimes it does not
Note: It looks like this link has been taken down. Anyone has a link to the 24-APR-2013, please let me know. They've taken it down from Zopo as well. Only the newest 4.2 remains, which had some issues with a red frame popping up. This was experienced by myself and MaxP, so it's not recommended. A shame the best 4.2 is no longer officially linked by Zopo. I believe I have it somewhere on my HD and will search it out and upload it if no one else has another clean link.
Pages: 1 2