www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [THL T11] Unboxing review. Hell yea. Q1 Q2 phone to buy.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2014-04-12, 16:49)ahabec Wrote: [ -> ]I read about the new SoCs and will indeed probably wait.
But I don't know why iNew skimped on the battery design. ThLT5s has 1950 mAh (apparently real specs, not just written on the sticker) and it is quite a bit smaller than iNew battery.

Also I'm wondering what thl were thinking when putting out the w200s. That phone and the T11 are almost identical. It seems almost like they had a few left-over cases of w200 before beginning production of T11 and thought, "let's get rid of these w200 cases first"...
They are about as far off as 2 phones can get with the same SoC.

Completely different physical design and case
THL T11 has 2GB /16GB, THL W200S is 1GB/32GB (with 2GB version yet unreleased as far as I know).
THL T11 has 1900MHz
THL T11 has NFC
THL T11 has significantly bigger battery
THL T11 has auto-focus front camera

The only similarity is that they're both 5" 720p.

As far as waiting - If you're happy with the iNew V3 other than brightness of LED, I'd say stick with your iNew V3. Possibly try a replacement of LED at your local shop.
From a comment on THL's website a 2gb w200s is in planning. Internal storage matters little if you have an sd card
(2014-04-12, 18:41)ahabec Wrote: [ -> ]From a comment on THL's website a 2gb w200s is in planning. Internal storage matters little if you have an sd card

The 2GB RAM version hasn't been released yet (that I know of) and even if it had been, that doesn't negate the other points. I guess if you don't consider RAM, storage, battery size, physical design, NFC, WCDMA frequencies, front camera... Then yes they are otherwise the same.

Re storage, I'd have to agree. Whether 16gb or 32gb, there is little difference due to being able to add on SD, though I do find it a bit interesting they didn't include 32GB in the T11.
(2014-04-12, 18:51)Khonshu Wrote: [ -> ]The 2GB RAM version hasn't been released yet (that I know of) and even if it had been, that doesn't negate the other points. I guess if you don't consider RAM, storage, battery size, physical design, NFC, WCDMA frequencies, front camera... Then yes they are otherwise the same.

Re storage, I'd have to agree. Whether 16gb or 32gb, there is little difference due to being able to add on SD, though I do find it a bit interesting they didn't include 32GB in the T11.

That's because if the t11 would have 32GB internal, then REALLY the only difference to t100s would be the camera.

I'm not saying they are the same phone, just saying thl's lineup is a bit bizarre.
I was disappointed they didn't fix the capacitive buttons' light in the s version of w200, because the T5 and T100 (and presumably T11) shows that they could get it right. I know it is a small thing, but for me personally, it was reason enough to get the T5s over the w100s.

By the way the forum deserves a T5s thread.. it's a fine implementation of the 6852 chip
(2014-04-12, 20:53)ahabec Wrote: [ -> ]That's because if the t11 would have 32GB internal, then REALLY the only difference to t100s would be the camera.

And 1080p.

ahabec Wrote:I was disappointed they didn't fix the capacitive buttons' light in the s version of w200

Regarding fixing the W200S capacitive buttons. It's not anything broken. They are just dim LEDs. I actually like them dim like that. I guess a matter of preference.
(2014-04-12, 21:05)Khonshu Wrote: [ -> ]And 1080p.

Do you think it's missing on a 5" screen?
My Thl t5s has 960x540 on a 4.7" and looks very good, but the 1280x720 on the v3 5" looks excellent. I'm wondering whether full 1080p on a screen this size brings any improvement in viewing, because I assume it does very much affect battery life.
(2014-04-12, 21:20)ahabec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-12, 21:05)Khonshu Wrote: [ -> ]And 1080p.

Do you think it's missing on a 5" screen?
My Thl t5s has 960x540 on a 4.7" and looks very good, but the 1280x720 on the v3 5" looks excellent. I'm wondering whether full 1080p on a screen this size brings any improvement in viewing, because I assume it does very much affect battery life.
There is a noticeable difference in clarity to the discernible eye. But 720p on a 5.0" is plenty. And you're right about battery. The difference in clarity is not worth the loss in battery life.

ahabec Wrote:By the way the forum deserves a T5s thread.. it's a fine implementation of the 6852 chip

Regarding a THL T5S thread or threads, would be great to have you start one up. If there's enough interest and owners of the phone, we'll open it's own forum too.
(2014-04-12, 21:45)Khonshu Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding a THL T5S thread or threads, would be great to have you start one up. If there's enough interest and owners of the phone, we'll open it's own forum too.

I did. I hope the owners will contribute their knowledgeCool
Does this phone will work one Europe?

I mean on European 3G networks?
THL T11 has 850/1900/2100Mhz 3G. Most of Europe has 2100MHz, but some areas are 900. Check the area and provider you have to make sure.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Pages: 1 2 3