www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Ulefone STAR N9002
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I just bought a Ulefone N9002 made by ALPS.
This phone claims to be a MTK6582 QuadCore 1.3 HD screen 1GbRAM
MobileUncleTools says MTK6582

The phone runs very smooth but with some little bugs in ROM.
So I decided to Upgrade to this ROM:
http://www.needrom.com/mobile/star-n9002-mt6582/~

The upgrade went well, the camara is a 16Mp now... but I decided to restart the phone.
After the restart, the touch is not assimetric with the screen. I must touch else were to assign a bottom. Looks like the screen resolution is 1280x720 but the touch points are at 960x540 or something like that.
I have another problem too, my NVRAM is gone.
No IMEI and NVRAM error in WI-FI.

So, someone else with such behavior? NVRAM end touch problems after a restart -> after a upgrade????

Can someone provide me a copy of a backup of NVRAM for this phone? Then I apply and reset to my IMEI's (ofcourse). I'm not sure if the screen will be ok after the NVRAM restore... I hope it will, or any clue about it???

Thanks.
PMoto
I already get a backup of the NVRAM, and that's ok now.
I still have the touch problem, and I don't know a way out of it.

I already flash 3 diferent ROM's for the phone, but the strange behaviour of the touchscreen is still there... it works but out of the place... it's messie, confused...

Any help?
Thanks.
(2014-04-18, 07:17)PMoto Wrote: [ -> ]I already get a backup of the NVRAM, and that's ok now.
I still have the touch problem, and I don't know a way out of it.

I already flash 3 diferent ROM's for the phone, but the strange behaviour of the touchscreen is still there... it works but out of the place... it's messie, confused...

Any help?
Thanks.

Hi
It will not be a help but I have the same problem. AI am considering either replacing of touchscreen by myself or sending phone back to the shop. It is technical problem not a software.
Good luck!
@pmoto - did you flash nvram.tar & nvram.bin

Do you have the backup for your phone? The problem is very likely driver related if it was okay prior to the flash.
(2014-04-22, 22:51)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]@pmoto - did you flash nvram.tar & nvram.bin

Do you have the backup for your phone? The problem is very likely driver related if it was okay prior to the flash.
It is a good suggestion.
I tried different ROMs but did not try to flash only nvram.tar and nvram.bin - I do not know where to get correct ones. Maybe will try contact with Ulefone directly.

But even before flashing usage of keyboard was a nightmare. And now when I am looking on the phone it seems that the digitizer is not correctly glued with the glass. It is lower then it should be by 1,5 mm. Probably this is a reason why touching "back" or "menu" buttons were read by a phone as touch of the right or left corner.
Nevertheless I may try to flash with nvram only if I will find it. At the same time I would like to send the phone as fast as it is possible and receive new device or prepared one.
BTW.
Is there custom KitKat ROM for this device already?
Woj
There is no KitKat for Ulefone N9002.

You didn't make a backup before you flashed a new ROM?
Pretty stupid... Well its life. I only made nvram back up in Mtkdroid tools to keep imei. And that works. I used factory ROMs from needrom website and some custom ROMs. But In all of the ROMs an option to change lockscreen wallpaper was missing.

In really liked the phone although I would like have more configuration options for s-view :-)
Thanks for your answers. No, I did not backup anything...
I get a NVRAM backup from a friend in portuguese forum, and restored my IMEI's.

Woj, if you have a backup of NVRAM, just restore it with Droidtools. Your NVRAM errors will go away.

And, yes, the strange thing is trat after the flash procedure, the phone start working very well, only because I done a restart it get mad... and lost NVRAM and touch.

My touch problems are like this: (I found this, its not me but its like me)

[Admin: Wrap your videos in video tags]

Thanks.
PMoto.
(2014-04-23, 06:47)PMoto Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your answers. No, I did not backup anything...
I get a NVRAM backup from a friend in portuguese forum, and restored my IMEI's.

Woj, if you have a backup of NVRAM, just restore it with Droidtools. Your NVRAM errors will go away.

And, yes, the strange thing is trat after the flash procedure, the phone start working very well, only because I done a restart it get mad... and lost NVRAM and touch.

My touch problems are like this: (I found this, its not me but its like me)

Thanks.
PMoto.

Well I will try to find some ROMs. I tried Star n9002, and from Bluebo n9006. Now I will try again with Bluebo and ALPS roms. maybe that will help - indeed hopefully my problems come because of GPU driver. Are there any other sites with roms for Chinese mobiles. I know only needrom :-(
they are quite similar but I do have a touch on the screen but it is problematic to use the mobile. Please see the photo.
[attachment=1209]
Well, I'm waiting for a "full brand new backup" right now, maybe I'll get it in some days...
I will try to flash some HDC Room's in needrom either.

This thread is open to a solution, the first to come will be welcomed.

PMoto.
Pages: 1 2 3 4