www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Great discovery: THL T100S ROM works on H9008 too!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I tried several ROMS to find one where the main camera works.
And there I found it:

The THL T100S ROM works on the H9008 / MLais MX69T Pro too!
For now I tested it with ROMs flashable with SP Flash Tool.

The THL ROM's look much better with a transparent status bar like Android Kitkat Smiling

How?
1. I used a stock rom and removed the system.img and replaced the lk.bin. Download this prepared base folder and unzip it:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

2. Download a THL T100/S stock rom
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

3. Unpack the ZIP file.

4. Copy the system.img from the THL ROM folder into the h9008_base folder.

5. Finally flash the new ROM from the H9008_base folder with SP Flash Tool

Main camera works too (face camera... not..)

Why use the H9008 scatter and boot.img?
Because the the T100/s has 32GB of memory, and the H9008 has only 16GB of memory. When SP Flash Tool tries to flash the memory, it tries to allocate about 26GB of storage space, which gives an "not enough storage space" error.

Does it fix the shut-down issue?
I just found this out, so I'm leaving this ROM for a day on it. See what happens.

Press thank you button if you liked this post.
i wonder if this resolves the random shutdowns....
Well if you're gonna flash it too, and we both didn't have a shutdown for 24 hours the chances are big it has been solved.
i am still waiting for a new ROM from my seller in China, she will inform me tomorrow
hope they can fix the camera in original ROM but you where right the H9008+ is not suitable for our h9008 
Great find Gersonl. People need to learn where that thanks button is! good job man.

I might make one other recommendation, that is to replace/use the 2 EBR files from the stock h9008 ROM as well. Just a recommendation to make sure the partition are properly set.
Yes you have to copy only the THL 100s system.img file into the H9008 folder, and flash the rom from the H9008 folder.
Okay. My bad. I had skimmed down to 'Why use the H9008 scatter and boot.img?'

Very good find man. Interest to know how it work out in the long term.
(2014-04-16, 03:26)gizmo32 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] since that one have "Multilang support" and Google play etc. included already.
And the phone has not shutdown a single time for the last 24h!

But there is one major problem, I have not managed to fix the invalid IMEI!

I have fixed the invalid IMEI many, many times during my experimentations with different ROM's on this phone and it has never been any problems. But none of the methods I have tried this far works.

Maybe someone else with more THL experience than me know what the problem can be?!
Well, my phone just shut down. Sad
I also used the multilanguage ROM.

I think it's a bug in the H9008 kernel. Gotta get this T100S kernel to work, because the T100s has no shutdown issues.
(2014-04-16, 22:20)gersonl Wrote: [ -> ]Well, my phone just shut down. Sad
I also used the multilanguage ROM.
I think it's a bug in the H9008 kernel. Gotta get this T100S kernel to work, because the T100s has no shutdown issues.

Could you set the IMEI after the ROM change?
Pages: 1 2 3 4