www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: 1949deal review Warranty problem 1949deal.com trustworthy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i had made a similar experience with 2 chinese resellers already, which i will not name, non of our sponsors though.
this is the downside when buying from China, most stores don't care, some will trick and cheat you.
when ordering a phone from China, you have to be prepared to let go of the money you paid for it 100%. lets be honest, if you get a phone for say 150 USD, paying another 50-100 to have it repaired just isn't economical, you'd be better off just buying a new one.

see it like this. i have a Lenovo Thinkpad with a 5 year onsite next business day global warranty (meaning if anything breaks a tech will come to wherever i am and fix it the next day) but this warranty alone costs almost 400 USD. you get what you pay for.
(2014-08-26, 18:29)linr76 Wrote: [ -> ]i had made a similar experience with 2 chinese resellers already, which i will not name, non of our sponsors though.
this is the downside when buying from China, most stores don't care, some will trick and cheat you.
when ordering a phone from China, you have to be prepared to let go of the money you paid for it 100%. lets be honest, if you get a phone for say 150 USD, paying another 50-100 to have it repaired just isn't economical, you'd be better off just buying a new one.

see it like this. i have a Lenovo Thinkpad with a 5 year onsite next business day global warranty (meaning if anything breaks a tech will come to wherever i am and fix it the next day) but this warranty alone costs almost 400 USD. you get what you pay for.

Well we see what happens when they trick and cheat our users. There were very few complaints about 1949deal other than some scattered long-shipping times (standard for any China shop). But when there was a situation with a single user that I felt was grossly mishandled by 1949deal without any sort of apology or willingness to "make it right", we dropped them as a sponsor. We honored the banner time they paid for, but removed their forum and sidebox and there was no further negotiation regarding continuing sponsorship.

That being said, our sponsors are here still here for a reason. They wouldn't and won't be represented here at CPA if they were/are screwing people over. Booting 1949deal and this "red thread" is a testament (and a warning) to that fact. Even the user who we booted 1949deal for was very surprised at our reaction to the situation.

Also, you make a very important point. These phones are inexpensive for a reason. Customer support costs huge huge bucks. I have always preferred to have a cheaper price and take the gamble than pay 30-100% more for branding and support. Generally speaking, it's worked out very well. People do need to be careful what they expect in regards to "support". Normally, if the phone is in good physical condition (not dropped, no water damage or showing heavy signs of wear or abuse), it should be covered for parts and labor for 1 year (shipping is the responsibility of the customer).

I figure 5000 views should be enough to retire this thread from the featured threads area.
(2014-07-25, 05:14)peter0611 Wrote: [ -> ]Similar problem with 1949deal.com. Screen stopped working on inew v3 Returned the phone as instructed by their aftersales. They have the phone since the 8th of may according to track en trace. I have send numerous mail reminders. No reaction whatsoever!!

Phone has not even a scratch and worked fine until the screen stopped working out of the blue.

1949deal s...s!!!!

27.08 The phone arrived after 3 1/2 months it is working. received a mail saying phone is ok now and will be shipped (14 days ago).

Made no additional payments for repair. Hope phone keeps working after the repair. It is the phone i have send.
Pages: 1 2 3