www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: H9500+ problems with battery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello friends,
I need help with my phone
I bought this phone "H9500+ Smart Phone HD Screen Android 4.2 MTK6589 Quad Core 1G RAM 5.0 Inch 13.0MP Camera" (i don't know if I am allowed to say from where so I won't)
It worked ok for a few weeks then something happened to the phone, it wouldn't connect to the PC through the USB cable and it wouldn't charge while the phone was on, and the battery wouldn't last longer than 12-14 hours idle. I had 2 batteries and it would the same with both.
I sent back the phone and they said they have fixed my phone ( after spending almost $50 on shipping back to China and waiting 2 months for my phone to return).
When I started the phone it seemed it worked ok, I connected the phone to the pc and suddenly it disconnected and the old problems started again, could not connect the USB to a PC or laptop, it wouldnt charge while it was on, and the battery wouldnt last more than 12-14 idle. (if I would use the WIFI or the data connection the phone would die much faster)
I don't know what to do. My phone is rooted.
I spent a lot money already for a phone that I used only a few weeks.

Please help me friends.
Thank you.
Sorry to hear you're having problems with your phone.

When you say it doesn't charge while it is on, does the phone not recognize that it is plugged in, or does the battery state just not change?

For the problems with fast discharge, install CPU Spy plus and GSam battery monitor, both free from Play.

Find out which processes are draining the battery with GSam. And verify that your phone is deep sleeping with CPU spy.
I think it doesnt recognize the plug, because its the same cable as the USB
(2014-07-23, 00:36)liciousx Wrote: [ -> ]I think it doesnt recognize the plug, because its the same cable as the USB

Hmm okay. So does that mean the charging indicator does not come up? (lightning bolt on the battery icon on my phone)

Or does it show that it is charging but appear not to be because the battery is draining faster than its charging rate?

Also, what did you see from GSam and CPU spy?
The red dot (charging indicator) comes up only when the phone is off, and if the phone is on it doesnt charge at all.
Here are the screen shots from GSam and CPU spy
(2014-07-26, 02:13)liciousx Wrote: [ -> ]The red dot (charging indicator) comes up only when the phone is off, and if the phone is on it doesnt charge at all.
Here are the screen shots from GSam and CPU spy

OK. Have you changed the firmware of your phone or are you still using the original?

Your phone is hardly deep sleeping. Your CPU is almost always running at max frequency. I am wondering if some of your cores are disabled.

On the GSam app, click the lower left icon to show the list of apps that are eating up your battery. Try force stopping or disabling them. Then see if your phone is still being kept awake.
I haven't changed the firmware,

And on GSam app the most consuming part was the phone at 2.7% . I don't think there is any app that is eating up the battery.
(2014-07-26, 03:23)liciousx Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't changed the firmware,

And on GSam app the most consuming part was the phone at 2.7% . I don't think there is any app that is eating up the battery.

What does the battery usage in phone settings indicate is consuming the battery?
What kernel are you running?

Is there anything helpful in your /sys/power/wake_lock file?
Athos

You are doing a great job so I hope you don't mind me posting a link. I defer to better experts like gizbeat on wakelocks

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2014-07-26, 10:43)Athos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-26, 03:23)liciousx Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't changed the firmware,

What does the battery usage in phone settings indicate is consuming the battery?
What kernel are you running?

Is there anything helpful in your /sys/power/wake_lock file?

For the last 5 hours (from my Battery - Settings)
Cell standby - 47%
Phone idle - 42%
Screen - 10%

Thats all.

From CPU Spy - Kernel Info:
Linux version 3.4.5 (root@android) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Aug 21 12:37:58 CST 2013.

And I dont know how to reach " /sys/power/wake_lock file" because there is no file name sys in my file manager.
Pages: 1 2