www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Phone JIAYU G4S hard bricked -- SOLVED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
No. But i'll give it a try

I just made test with v3 and i always get the same message. V3 gives additional messages : No valid PMT [HINT] pls make sure there is a correct load in the target. "Firmaware Upgrade" could not be executed without PMT! Please "Download" ONLY first to create PMT on the target! At this point i don't understand why there is no valid PMT since i successfully format the flash (at least it says so).

Keep in mind that my phone has 1G RAM and 4G ROM. Its not the usual version with 2G RAM and 16G ROM
I have been in this situation, except for the size problem of your recovery.
What I did is first of all things is flash the correct preloader.
After that I flashed the MBR and EBR's, logo and lk.bin.
Next the recovery, try to get the correct recovery or at least one that should fit and work on your phone.
At this point you should be able to boot your phone into the recovery (don't try to boot it normally as you still need your boot, system and data images flashed).
Note that I flash these part one at a time and with every new flash I deselect the ones already flashed, and no upgrade, always download.
If that works the rest is not too big a problem.

Now about your brom size problem, looks to me like the scatter file has wrong size info for the recovery or your recovery image doesn't fit. Haven't had this problem so it's just my guess.
Thanks for the tip. I followed your advice but the same crap happens "BROM ERROR: S_NOT_ENOUGH_STORAGE_SPACE (1011)". How big is that "Preloader"!!

And when i make MemoryTest says :

"============ Memory Detection Report ===========

Internal RAM:

Size = 0x00020000 (128KB)

External RAM:

Type = DRAM

Size = 0x40000000 (1024MB/8192Mb)

NAND Flash:

ERROR: NAND Flash was not detected!

EMMC:

EMMC_PART_BOOT1 Size = 0x0000000000400000(4MB)
EMMC_PART_BOOT2 Size = 0x0000000000400000(4MB)
EMMC_PART_RPMB Size = 0x0000000000400000(4MB)
EMMC_PART_GP1 Size = 0x0000000000000000(0MB)
EMMC_PART_GP2 Size = 0x0000000000000000(0MB)
EMMC_PART_GP3 Size = 0x0000000000000000(0MB)
EMMC_PART_GP4 Size = 0x0000000000000000(0MB)
EMMC_PART_USER Size = 0x00000000e9000000(3728MB)

The preloader should be approximately 122KBytes.

It's insane!
If [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] is like your stock rom (I selected the first dl, the one without the updates), then your preloader partition size according to the scatterfile is 262.144 bytes. The preloader.bin in that rom is 123.572 bytes (which is what you said) so it should fit perfectly.

Please confirm if this is the right official rom, and if not indicate which one is. You should revert to an official rom to get your phone alive again, then make a full, complete and valid backup before trying anything else.
Sorry same ... shit happens. "BROM ERROR: S_NOT_ENOUGH_STORAGE_SPACE (1011)". Apart from that something strange happens. If i just connect the phone to usb (without battery) the pc finds MediaTek USB COM for about 30 seconds and reverts to an unknown state for about 10 seconds always loops to those 2 states. I don't know if it's normal.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong? I can't guess

Something i didn't notice before in your last comment. I'm not saying that preloader should be around 122K big. I just saw in the file explorer that it's size is about 122KB (binary file). So, given that the EMMC_PART_BOOT1 = 0x0000000000400000(4MB) how shouldn't the preloder fit into the emmc, i'm wondering
mfreak, the person helping you is a lady. Please modify your swear words but I do appreciate you are frustrated.
mfreak, as Mirandam said, make sure you have the correct ROM.
The error does not necessarily mean there is not enough space in the literal sense. It might just mean the ROM you are flashing is not compatible with your phone, and Flash Tool can't map it correctly.

Also, do not run the memory test on SP Flash Tool. That is a buggy feature, and will not help your case. The memory test changes your file system's format and the phone will no longer recognize it as eMMC, but rather MTD.
[just a warning for others, running this test on a working phone will brick it.]

In the end, you really need to find a correct ROM.

EDIT:

Mirandam, sorry about that. It will only be an issue for phones previously running non MTD ROMs.
(2014-08-02, 08:12)aus9 Wrote: [ -> ]mfreak, the person helping you is a lady. Please modify your swear words but I do appreciate you are frustrated.

No problem here, his words were not directed to me in the personal sense and I too understand his frustration. Sometimes when after my server goes down 3 times a day and each time it takes 20 min. to get it running again, I get this weird feeling of just throwing the damn thing out of the window and go live on some deserted island... Wink

(2014-08-02, 12:38)Athos Wrote: [ -> ]...
Also, do not run the memory test on SP Flash Tool. That is a buggy feature, and will not help your case. The memory test changes your file system's format and the phone will no longer recognize it as eMMC, but rather MTD.
[just a warning for others, running this test on a working phone will brick it.]

That's the first time I hear about that and I do remember having used the memory test on one phone (think it was my e-868) and it didn't alter anything as far as I can remember. I don't question your remark as it well may have happened to others, it only surprises me.
I got EXACT the same problem - I was flashing at Friday and did the same combination:
- at first I flashed a rom
- then i flashed recovery

Symptoms are the same...
Have any one progressed with this ?
Hello. One guy : [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] came across exactly the same problem with me. He told me (in a personal message) that he overcome it by flashing the correct ROM (the same mentioned in the link). I did the same but the situation remains the same. I'm thinking about return the phone back to the seller, pay some extra charge for refurbishing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4