www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Phone JIAYU G4S hard bricked -- SOLVED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2014-08-05, 03:54)lordi Wrote: [ -> ]I got EXACT the same problem - I was flashing at Friday and did the same combination:
- at first I flashed a rom
- then i flashed recovery

Symptoms are the same...
Have any one progressed with this ?

At last, problem solved. All the guys above where correct about the ROM version. Additionally there is a small bug in the flash tools caused all the mess. When trying to load a scatter file and finds it correct it loads all the *.img files. If you then try to load a different scatter file and it's not correct shows no warning and you have the impression that the flash tools load the ROM binaries. But it doesn't. The working ROM (find it in needrom.com) is the one as G4SL-20140422-120615-FL. But when you unzip the tarball the directory created contains chinese characters on the subdirectories names. So when trying to load it's relative scatter files flash tools refuses to load the scatter file as unrecognised. So copy the *.img and scatter file contained in pure english characters name (e.g tmp) and try to load the scatter file from there. For me it worked fine. So, thank you all guys contributed with all your advices and suggestions and good luck with your phone. Feel free to ask for an help.
(2014-08-07, 00:54)mfreak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-05, 03:54)lordi Wrote: [ -> ]I got EXACT the same problem - I was flashing at Friday and did the same combination:
- at first I flashed a rom
- then i flashed recovery

Symptoms are the same...
Have any one progressed with this ?

At last, problem solved. All the guys above where correct about the ROM version. Additionally there is a small bug in the flash tools caused all the mess. When trying to load a scatter file and finds it correct it loads all the *.img files. If you then try to load a different scatter file and it's not correct shows no warning and you have the impression that the flash tools load the ROM binaries. But it doesn't. The working ROM (find it in needrom.com) is the one as G4SL-20140422-120615-FL. But when you unzip the tarball the directory created contains chinese characters on the subdirectories names. So when trying to load it's relative scatter files flash tools refuses to load the scatter file as unrecognised. So copy the *.img and scatter file contained in pure english characters name (e.g tmp) and try to load the scatter file from there. For me it worked fine. So, thank you all guys contributed with all your advices and suggestions and good luck with your phone. Feel free to ask for an help.

glad to hear you managed to get your phone working again..
mfreak

when you get a chance, can you do a full edit of your original post and change subject line to solved.
It may have have an option to pulldown and select it, as my brain only works after drinking aussie beers
Yes, of course. Just did it :-) Are the bubbles in your avatar coming from the beers or deep thoughts?
I think his deep thoughts are provoked by beers..... which is why we should buy him some more Tongue
Hello guys, I have kinda the same problem.
I'm a complete and inexperienced idiot and my Jiayu G4s now is completely dead. I used to have a Calvin AOSP Recovery by Team Force and their AOSP ROM TF 4.4.2.
The Rom was working fine but for the Recovery "Wipe Cache" function ( it use to freeze the phone while wiping). I've tried to install a MIUI V5 compatible ROM with MobileUncleTool and a compatible MIUI RECOVERY.
I did this because I had some signal problems and I've read that this ROM could fix this "bug".
I couldn't install the MIUI recovery and tried anyway (and stupidly) to install the MIUI rom. While installing the screen went black and the phone was dead.
No sign of life trying to access recovery again, nor with other button combinations, nor charging it.
The only sign of life comes when I plug it in the pc and it says "MTK device MT65xx".
Sometimes the PC sees the phone and I've managed to install the drivers for SP flash but as I try to flash a stock ROM (unplugging the phone, talking out the battery, clicking on download and pluging it again ) the percentage remains at 0% and nothing happens.

Is there a way to restore the phone, installing a stock rom with SP flash tool?

Mfreak, can you put a link to download the rom you're talking about? (The working ROM (find it in needrom.com) is the one as G4SL-20140422-120615-FL) I can't find it on Needrom.

Thanks a lot guys..
(2014-08-09, 01:31)mfreak Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, of course. Just did it :-) Are the bubbles in your avatar coming from the beers or deep thoughts?

Any chance you could post a guide on how you did this (for someone with little knowledge about what they're doing?). My G4S is completely dead after trying to upgrade to KITKAT (official rom). I cant get into recovery, the phone is dead.
I do have exactly the same problem but the phone on my hand (of a friend) is a dead BLU Advance 4.0... so I need the steps to get it working again like you do with your phone mfreak Smiling
Pages: 1 2 3 4