www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: ** Create new Touch or nonTouch CWM-Recovery on MTK-Phones **
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2014-09-28, 01:34)wisdom Wrote: [ -> ]Pls is the touch version going to work on my tecno p5 mt6572, i already have cwm recovery non touch tnx in advance.

Hello,

I guess that your Device has UBIFS File System - not emmc based. You will see this by MTK Droid Tools.

I have one Device with MT6572 from Sister with a little Problem by UBIFS.
Carliv has CWM ports for MT6572. You have to try or you go back.

Listen: Take a Backup from your Recovery before porting the new one. Don't flash the port CWM - it is only for porting the new Recovery-Image with MTK Droid Tools v. 2.53.

Look at my Post #1. Read the Post and show the Picture for porting. There are a Link for download the CWM porting from Carliv. You can ask Aunt Google for carliv cwm too. Use the newest 2.5/V6 Version.

Good luck

Louis777
Hi Louis777
my device is ZTE v779m with 4.4.2 kitkat , and download this "port_CarlivTouch-recovery-2_5-480x800.img" from your link.
when I try to do follow your tut.
after I selected "NO" when it ask about "To make CWM automatically"
I got this
"--- ERROR :No find KernelGZ
--- ERROR :No Split Boot Image
--- task is complete ---".
can you please help.
(2014-10-27, 12:59)Natt Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Be sure, you have backup - all at your own Risk!

Greetings

Louis777
(2014-10-28, 10:33)Louis777 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Greetings

Louis777

Thanks for your reply ,I will try this weekend .
I guess that, if this tutorial worked with my device (porting a carliv recovery to it) will work on any device. A shame that I discovered this too late. I downloaded at least 40 different recoveries, and flashed them, to probe which could work on my device (Chinese phone, Sesonn C2000, mt6582) but one of them has decalibrated my touch screen and isn't working. Anyway thank you for the info.
(2014-10-31, 01:25)Natt Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

I m p o r t a n t: The TWRP-Recovery need more Space like Carliv Recovery! ( >6144)

The TWRP is only for newer Phones. Take a look in your Scatter File. You see the Size of your Recovery Section! Use MTK Droid Tool V. 2.53 and connect your (rootet) Phone. Create Map/Scatter File!!

Don't use TWRP on older Phone. You overwrite your NVRAM/ IMEI's !!!

Greetings

Louis777

Thanks for your reply ,I will try this weekend .
@Louis77

At a specific request Carliv answered that Carliv Recovery (CWM 6.0.4.x) is NOT OFFICIALY compatible with KiKat and up.

Then it didn't mean that Carliv recovery don't works with KitKat.

It means that Carliv not guarantee it with KitKat.

it require a device rooted and default.prop in boot.img with ro.secure=0.
@natt
@bovirus
@Peoples with KitKat 4.4.2 or maybe similar!

Hello,

In the between time I received a cheap but beautiful Phone with KitKat 4.4.2.

The Phone is from Doogee - the Voyager2 DG310. It is very fast and has many features build in. For the Price about 59,00 Euro its a nice toy to test many things on KitKat.

First: Carliv Recovery 2.5/v6 works. I forgot, first I make a backup unrootet with SPFlash Tools. Address 0 - Android-Address 3E1800000. Take Read Back and later you can store your Backup with MTK DroidTools -> ROM from Flash Tool...

I root the Doogee with VRoot. Then I installed SuperSu/BusyBox.

With MTK I installed the Port-recovery for Carliv CWM-Recovery. It works but I like to test the new TWRP 2.8.

Start Setup and Install it from PC. It ask some Questions.
After finished it boot in TWRP - It works to.

Remark: The size from TWRP-Recovery and boot.img is each 16.777.216 MB!

Louis777
is this support mt6572 ubifs file system?
@Louis777

It seems that TWRP 2.8.0.0 has some problems to save/read backup image on SD.

The same problem not appear on TWRP 2.7..x.x.

The source code was fixed in TWRP 2.8.1.0.
Pages: 1 2 3