www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Verified! iNew V8 gets 3G on T-Mobile USA!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Straight to the point. I picked up an iNew V8 late last week for the girl. We have verified that she definitely gets 3G service with T-Mobile USA! Everywhere I've seen, the coverage is great!

WCDMA 1900 MHz = win! Thumbs Up

I believe the phone is getting HSPA+ which can be arguably 4G, but I haven't verified speeds or anything yet. I'll have to see I can convince her to let me play with her phone sometime. Big Grin
@wuddawaste , thanks for confirming this. i have recommended it to some american friends.
Hmmm, I don't doubt you but only 1900 won't cut it for 3g+ nationwide on Tmobile. I pray it works as you say so I can buy an Acer liquid e700 or the Asus padfone e. Grab it whilst she's sleeping. Or tell her you need to use it for the greater good of humanity!

P.S. I don't see any speed difference in H+ and so called 4g on Tmobile here btw.
Nearly all of T-Mobile is 1900. They have been refarming for years. Of course there are still a few areas still 1700/2100. AT&T is currently moving everything over to 1900 too, but most areas still 850.

The "4G" on T-Mobile was coined before real 4G/LTE came out. It's definitely a misnomer.

According to Gizbeat, the V8 now available 2 gigs RAM for same pricing.
I hope so. But the moderators on the Tmobile forums say different. They still insist that 1700/1900 is necessary. Is there any way to find out what frequency a phone is using at any given time or in a particular area? My phone is pentaband wcdma so I don't have any issues but it would be nice to know.
There was a way posted a long time back, but I can't find that post now. Through some engineering mode there was a way to see which bands were receiving any sort of signal.

The easy way with MTK is to only enable one band at a time... Then reboot with only the band you want to check enabled. Not sure if that is possible with other SoC.

Yes, the T-Mobile techs will say that, and it's true if you want nationwide everywhere... They are deliberately vague about which areas are which, but the re-farming been going on for many years now to make way for LTE.
Every time I've looked at it casually, it's shown "H+" on the bars of service. Smiling

For reference:
G = GPRS
E = EDGE
H = HSPA
H+ = HSPA+
(2014-09-01, 00:33)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]Every time I've looked at it casually, it's shown "H+" on the bars of service. Smiling

Where are you in the states?
Salt Lake City area
(2014-09-01, 00:43)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]Salt Lake City area

So that's a major city in a rural state. I would bet that H+ is probably available in most major urban areas with rural areas being hit and miss for 1900. I think I'll take the plunge and go for either the Acer liquid e700 (triple 3g sim) or more likely the Asus Padfone E (dual sim) as my tablet/backup phone to my K910.

Please let us know how your tests progress. If what you say holds up it opens the US market to a huge number of phones. Thanks for the heads up.

P.S. I'm very anti iNew and would be very interested to see how long the V8 holds up without imploding! Lol
Pages: 1 2