www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: ** Calculating new EBR1&2 and new Scatter-File Address for Repartitioning **
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I read the previous post, but I don't understand on thing..
In the very first post here, it was said that it was necessary to modify scatter.txt file after modifiy EBR ..
In your previous post, you talk EBR but NOT to change the scatter.txt just to put scatter.txt with the other files ..
Should we modify the original scatter.txt or not?
(2015-04-19, 15:31)bovirus Wrote: [ -> ]@fanfan7110
Please use EBRTweak.

@NexusTrix
Could be possible to make theese instructions (about backup/restore system) in the first post of EBRTweak

- Make a nandroid backup with recovery (CWM or TWRP - not stock)
- Create new EBR fiels with EBRTweak (use latest version).
- Put the new EBR files in a folder with scatter file of your ROM
- Check thatyou instaleld USB Prelaoder driver (necessary for Flashtool)
- Downlaod the latest version of Flashtool.
- Run Flashtool, load scatter file, select DOWNLOAD OLNLY mode, select DOWNLOAD and after 2 second connect the phone (OFF and without battery) to the PC. If flash didn't star leave teh phone connected and insert the battery.
- After flash completion switch on the phone in recovery mode.
- By the recovery restore the Nandroid backup
. By the recovery clear the cache and dalvik.
- By recovery reboot the phone in standard mode.
- Wait that the phone complete the boot.

I believe to add it in a text file inside EBRtweak archive.
@bovirus

We will add these in a text file. Now we are sharing the folder, so we can make changes and add the new file to the folder instead of having to renew the link.

I'll also add it to the OP here and the other thread.

(2015-04-19, 18:21)fanfan7110 Wrote: [ -> ]I read the previous post, but I don't understand on thing..
In the very first post here, it was said that it was necessary to modify scatter.txt file after modifiy EBR ..
In your previous post, you talk EBR but NOT to change the scatter.txt just to put scatter.txt with the other files ..
Should we modify the original scatter.txt or not?

There are some who believe this is the way it should be done. I've never bothered with it and haven't had a problem yet.

The reason bovirus said scatter is required is because that's what tells Flash Tool where to flash the EBR.

It would be nice if someone who's handy with calculating hex values could create a scatter tweak too though. I've never modified my scatter when expanding internal, but it still would be nice to have for those who want to do it.
Thank you nexus for your answer.
In fact, if i change the file scatter.txt, spflashtools forces me to go through a firmware upgrade instead of a download. And I get an error message about a missing port or something like that.
If I don't change the scatter, then the download works without error.

Until now, I was testing with the first version of ebrtweak and the original scatter file, and I had several android error messages when I filled a little the memory. I think the memory overlapped.
I'll try it with version 1.1 without changing the scatter to see if it is similar.
OK !
With new version of ebrtweatk, all is fine.
No bug, no error, all is right ! ! !

Yessssss ! Thank you !
(2015-04-24, 07:29)fanfan7110 Wrote: [ -> ]OK !
With new version of ebrtweatk, all is fine.
No bug, no error, all is right ! ! !

Yessssss ! Thank you !

Great. Probably a problem with values of old version. Awesome the problem is fixed.
hi
I tried everything
I could not
Do you make ? and send me files ?
scatter and ebr1 ,ebr2
thank you

pls helpp

2 gb system
3 gb userdata
1.8 gb fat
to
2,5 gb system
4 gb userdata
300 mb fat

how i do it?
drive.google.com/file/d/0ByI6mEdhqUKdMTdva3VkaUxwYlk/view?usp=sharing
hello
when i fixed EBRtweak to 1.1
i didn't update the version in the file, so i see here people confuse.
sorry about that.

anyway long time ago i fixed again EBRtweak to version 1.2 Smiling
well, i think it is time to upload it.
The new version support large partition size, for anyone who had bug with version 1.1
enjoy Smiling
link here

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
@ule10
Did your read the first and alst posts?
Why did you named versioen 1.2? It's already aavailavble 1.2.
Why did't you start from current 1.2 (that is your 1.1 plus some small changes about text)?
In this way we lose the changes of version 1.2.
Could be better always to start from last version available and apply the changes on it.
Yo avoid misudnderstanding your version should be 1.3,
@bovirus
I see now the first post
i see someone edit version and compile it to version 1.2
sorry again.

i changed it to version 1.3
this version should give correct values and support large partition size
good luck

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
@ule10
Thanks.
Did you start from 1.2 to apply your changes?
I'd like to know it to understand if my changes that are availabl in 1.2 are again operative.
If you agree we can add also in the first post a zip file that contains (like as for version 1.2).

- EBRtweaks.cs file (sorirce)
- EBRtweaks.exe file (executable)
- Readme text file that eplaind some details like use of the program, program changelog, and instrcution how to compile it (if someone make some changes=-.

Is ok for you?
Which partition size did you add?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8