www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Leagoo Lead3 kitkat not working with link2sd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
from what I have read, you "need" to set up sym links in an init.d script
as each boot up or reboot will destroy your old links.
(2014-09-11, 18:59)aus9 Wrote: [ -> ]from what I have read, you "need" to set up sym links in an init.d script
as each boot up or reboot will destroy your old links.

Which links are you referring to? The ones made by link2sd? As these are setup in /data/app and thus persistant.
If you refer to the ones for linking the device (2nd partition) to be able to mount the 2nd partition, those are already available in /dev/block and since the mount is done in system, also persistant.

On reboot the 2nd partition gets mounted and the links created by link2sd are still there.

This is getting weirder by the moment. I just did some snooping and was about to use adb to copy init.rc to the internal sd just to pull it to my pc... no luck... adb has no access to either the internal sd or the external.... wtf??????

Next I loaded init.rc into root-explorer to find some line about the fuse daemon.... no luck either.... no line at all, no even the slightest mention of fuse.... I did find a service called matv that seems related as it uses a related gid.
So I did some searching to see if I could find the binary of fuse, no luck again, not even the slightest trace. Only in /sys/module a came across a folder called fuse.

Am I missing something here???????

Another interesting discovery: each time I get root access, be it in root-explorer or adb, the contents of both internal and external sd disappear from view (hidden).
This explains why link2sd doesn't show the app as being linked, because when it does this it is actually using root.
I know for a fact that kitkat uses more strict permission enforcement but I didn't expect this kind of thing to happen.
Quote:Another thing that I will try is to create a link to an app in a folder within /system (not /system/app of course)

I thought you were making sym links....this is what I referred to

2)
Quote:Am I missing something here?
me.....but I am unavailable .....giggles

OK I was only teasing.....actually recent posts between me and siewerner may have relevance. I built him my first CTR based on his um TWRP recovery and did not pay any attention to init.usb.rc and other rc files

this has important adb switches.

Forgive me for sucking eggs but let me show you the lines to look for here and you can dismiss them if you have already check your /var/log/messages or what ever your rsyslog or sylog uses.

##########
init.rc from recovery
Quote:write /sys/class/android_usb/android0/idVendor 17ef
write /sys/class/android_usb/android0/idProduct 1788
as OP does not use Linux he gave me his usbdeview which has the ids
##############
init.usb.rc
Quote:setprop sys.usb.vid 17ef
snip
#2.adb
on propertyConfusedys.usb.config=adb
write /sys/class/android_usb/android0/enable 0
write /sys/class/android_usb/android0/idVendor $sys.usb.vid
write /sys/class/android_usb/android0/idProduct 1788
write /sys/class/android_usb/android0/functions $sys.usb.config
write /sys/class/android_usb/android0/enable 1
start adbd
setprop sys.usb.state $sys.usb.config

OP had the wrong strings it....maybe a port.

Notice
write /sys/class/android_usb/android0/enable 0
write /sys/class/android_usb/android0/enable 1

this is similar to umounting and remounting after a change.

so in short we set a VARIABLE to have an absolute value
later on we can requote it as a SET VARIABLE

let me know if my thoughts are true or fuzzy from aussie beer.
I just tried to do the link from an app in /system/tap (a custom made folder) to /data/app, but no luck. The app doesn't appear in the drawer either. Since this is a link that doesn't go to any sd space (int or ext) it should not involve fuse.... back to the thinktank I suppose. Sad
more suggestions for you.

in init.rc your lib issue you could mod this line?

Quote:export LD_LIBRARY_PATH /vendor/lib:/system/lib:/custom/lib

2) in your init.rc try doing the sym link there so its activated at boot?

Quote:symlink /system/tap/appname /data/app/appname

if on reboot that fails try that last line as a private /etc/init.d done very late so give it a name like /etc/init.d/99custom

Use root to fix up perms
Code:
su
chmod 755 /etc/init.d/99custom
chown root.root /etc/init.d/99custom

note that inside Android I had to use root dot root which differs from linux that uses a gap. Should be ok to do by adb as well. I have not tested your thingee ....only tested the command works

good luck
OK just starting to make progres with a tablet if interested in the tablet forum.

Its UBIFS and boot.img has been unpacked and you may be interested in this init.rc entry....I hope
Quote:service vold /system/bin/vold
class core
socket vold stream 0660 root mount
ioprio be 2

service vold sounds a bit like....Linux Ubuntu
Code:
service udev restart
as example only

ioprio never heard of it until today....sounds like io prorities and google does suggest that.

There are a heap of vold entries here....so I am scared of trying to change to traditional fstab at this point of time. OFF topic....get a CWM/CTR first

cheers
Hello.
I bought a Leagoo Lead 1 and it arrived 3 days ago. I rooted its to have more internal memory to install apps
I can confirm that trying to use Link2SD I lost (after that mobile restarted) the apps installed in ext4 partition of microsd.
I always used Link2SD in previous android version but it is the first time I have this problem.
My kernel version is 3.4.67.
I read you posts but (if I understood well) the solution is not available for the moment.

Do you have some news about this problem?

thank you
As for the moment I've not seen a proper solution. Since the lead3 is a limited phone I maintain it with a limited number of apps, some of which I moved to the internal sd-storage, luckily on this particular phone the user in question doesn't need facebook / whatsap or any other space consuming app, so at this time it keeps updating it's installed apps (about 30) without problems.
I wouldn't recommend this phone to anyone with a normal moderate use as she/he will no doubt run into the space problem.

As in another thread about kitkat I most certainly do not recommend kitkat for any phone. Recently I also noticed the inability of kitkat to reply or delete a message when the screen is locked (some sms apps have warned about this) which really s*cks as it limits the usefulness of these apps in real life. Being in a supermarket with a shopping cart in one hand I'm not really keen on google telling me I need to unlock my phone having to use both hands for "security reasons" just to delete a spam message from some idiot trying to sell me stock shares. But this is a side-remark not intended to go O.T.
In this case I am lucky to have bought Lead 1. My girlfriend likes Lead 3 but reading about your problems of memory I decided to choose Lead 1 model for her too.
If I'm not mistaken there's also a Lead2 or Lead4 model, check for them too. I'm not sure but I think they also have more memory.

Yep, I was right:

Leagoo Lead2:

Show Content
goes at about $129

It's roughly the same as the Lead1 but with a 5" display and better cam.+
Being a woman I would recommend this phone for your GF because we tend to go for a 5" screen instead of a 5.5" which is a bit "big" for us (generally speaking of course).
You can easily compare the different models`[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register].
My personal preference for a 4.7" quad core 1G/8G phone with 4.2.x would be the [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register], which would immediately solve the kitkat problems, you could use link2sd without problems, root it and have a very reliable phone.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6