www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Leagoo Lead3 kitkat not working with link2sd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Great to see people responding with succes, seems very much like the solution.

(2015-05-26, 23:08)davidg Wrote: [ -> ]...
Thanks. Tried that, before I recreated the mount scripts I would just get app crashes - now I get an I/O error. It wants to store the data in /data/sdext2/data, but it doesn't exist and can't seem to create it, even though it has full access to /data/sdext2/ and the rest of the app files get successfully moved there and linked to.

If you have access to a linux system you could try to create the data dir on the mounted sd. You can also try to do this manually on your phone by using adb or a terminal emulator (or even root explorer).
Make sure you set permissions and owner correctly, otherwise it will fail.
(2015-05-27, 00:18)mirandam Wrote: [ -> ]Great to see people responding with succes, seems very much like the solution.

Thanks. Tried that, before I recreated the mount scripts I would just get app crashes - now I get an I/O error. It wants to store the data in /data/sdext2/data, but it doesn't exist and can't seem to create it, even though it has full access to /data/sdext2/ and the rest of the app files get successfully moved there and linked to.

If you have access to a linux system you could try to create the data dir on the mounted sd. You can also try to do this manually on your phone by using adb or a terminal emulator (or even root explorer).

Thanks, I've tried to create it manually but despite having full permissions it fails Crying

I have kinda resigned myself to reformatting the card, but I really don't want to (yet) as I have a life away from trying to figure out the weird stuff my phone is doing!!!
(2015-05-27, 01:59)davidg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-27, 00:18)mirandam Wrote: [ -> ]Great to see people responding with succes, seems very much like the solution.

Thanks, I've tried to create it manually but despite having full permissions it fails Crying

I have kinda resigned myself to reformatting the card, but I really don't want to (yet) as I have a life away from trying to figure out the weird stuff my phone is doing!!!

Right last problem/question on this!

I can create a folder of any name in /data/sdext2/ except "data", and I can't rename an existing folder to that either.

There are no hidden folders or files that I can see.

Any ideas @"mirandam" ???Lost It
Chances are data is already there but you can't see it because it was created in another namespace (that is, before you changed that option in supersu).
Due to the enhanced security you probably won't be able to see it but since it is there the os won't let you create it or rename any other dir to data.

One way to find out if this is true is to mount the 2nd partition on a linux os, like in a virtual pc and check the directory structure for it.
If you can't do that, I think your best shot would be to undo any links to the 2nd partiton and reformat that partition and start over again linking.

This would also explain why it doesn't work on your phone, data is there but link2sd can't use it. On my phone it works because I didn't have any data linked as I removed all links earlier on. Only after changing the option in supersu I linked the apps which would explain this.
(2015-05-28, 04:20)mirandam Wrote: [ -> ]Chances are data is already there but you can't see it because it was created in another namespace (that is, before you changed that option in supersu).
Due to the enhanced security you probably won't be able to see it but since it is there the os won't let you create it or rename any other dir to data.

One way to find out if this is true is to mount the 2nd partition on a linux os, like in a virtual pc and check the directory structure for it.
If you can't do that, I think your best shot would be to undo any links to the 2nd partiton and reformat that partition and start over again linking.

This would also explain why it doesn't work on your phone, data is there but link2sd can't use it. On my phone it works because I didn't have any data linked as I removed all links earlier on. Only after changing the option in supersu I linked the apps which would explain this.

Many thanks, fixed in now!!!

Managed to find a great program, ExtFS which allowed me to mount the linux partition with read/write access in windows. Took me a while as all the linux explorers I had tried previously were read only.

Anyway there was a file called "data" in there (not a folder), which as you said must have been created in a different android namespace as it was not visible to be in android. All I had to do was delete the file.
Thumbs Up
Thumbs Up Helping eachother always works for the benefit of everybody. Thumbs Up
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6