www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Why am I out of memory?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2014-10-09, 18:42)tkitts Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-09, 10:24)gmcclintock Wrote: [ -> ]I did the EBR edit it worked but it didn't work, what I mean is I selected 5GB and when I checked (ran the command "busybox df -h") I shows only 2.5GB it's better than before but now quite as I hoped.

On top of that my phone is messed up now, it's doing weird things, now when I boot/shutdown I don't get the shutdown animation anymore all I get is "Android", my IMEI is Unknown and I constantly keep loosing signal this never happened before.

I tried flashing back to my original ROM and that didn't change or correct these problems either so now I have to figure out how to correct this.

You have to read the thread completely, it was pointed out the math in the OP was wrong, the app in the thread was not reliable, you have to do the math via hand.

You said you were going to read the thread, and understand before making changes, seeing you have 2.5 GB instead of 5 GB you didn't do the math yourself, you either used the flawed OP math or the flawed app math.

Yeah you're right I did not read the entire thread I read up to page 5 and stopped reading. I will continue reading though but my phone is working better than before except for the boot animation all of my apps seem to be performing well after a few flash and format. I think the boot animation problem I'm having is due to permission issue so I'm trying to find what permission that needs to be set to for it to work.

Thanks again.
(2014-10-09, 18:42)tkitts Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-09, 10:24)gmcclintock Wrote: [ -> ]I did the EBR edit it worked but it didn't work, what I mean is I selected 5GB and when I checked (ran the command "busybox df -h") I shows only 2.5GB it's better than before but now quite as I hoped.

On top of that my phone is messed up now, it's doing weird things, now when I boot/shutdown I don't get the shutdown animation anymore all I get is "Android", my IMEI is Unknown and I constantly keep loosing signal this never happened before.

I tried flashing back to my original ROM and that didn't change or correct these problems either so now I have to figure out how to correct this.

You have to read the thread completely, it was pointed out the math in the OP was wrong, the app in the thread was not reliable, you have to do the math via hand.

You said you were going to read the thread, and understand before making changes, seeing you have 2.5 GB instead of 5 GB you didn't do the math yourself, you either used the flawed OP math or the flawed app math.

Ok I did the calculations myself following the .pdf document that was provided as best as I could (much of the information was not explained in detail so I did the best that I could) I flashed the files to my phone and still I only get 2.5GB when I run the "busybox df -h" command. I've been at this for 2 days and still can't seem to get 5GB. Anyway I just wanted to show what I did and what the results are image attached.
Pages: 1 2 3