www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [split] MP-809t Sim problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I bought this phone 2 months back, delivered to UAE. Is CDMA SIM work with this phone??? I thought so and bought. However, neither GSM SIM nor CDMA SIM works in second SIM slot 2. In Micro SIM slot, UAE GSM SIM was working fine. But in India no SIM slot is working???, it does not show any signal at all??? Phone recognizes the SIM but doesn't work. I never tried a GSM SIM in slot 2. Any comments??? Suggesstions? I am not in China, cann't approach any service center. Please help.

I am living in India now. Does the firmware/ROM does not support India networks???

I am inserting the SIM upside down...means, the gold chip facing the sky. Hope someone can help. Am I doing anything wrong in inserting the phone?

Will Installing an India region ROM help???
I think UAE and India are operating under the same frequencies. How can you tell the phone recognizes the sim?

Gold chip facing the sky -- there is no reference. Where is the screen facing?
Anyway, have you tried flipping it over?
Hi,

When I insert the SIm and switch on the phone, it gives details about SIM Name. If no SIM in a slot, I'm getting notification, no sim in the slot. I am inserting correctly only. But even Micro SIM (India SIM) also not working. Micro SIM in UAE was working. That's why I got a doubt about region.

I bought the phone MPai 809T shipped from China to UAE. I had set the region to United Arab Emirates during initial configuration. The phone was working till I was in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Used it for 2 months in UAE. Now I am in India and no India SIM working here. It is detecting the SIM, but not showing signal or tower. When I try to make a call, it says "Mobile Network Unavailable". Please let me know how to change the country to India??? I suspect the Region Setting is the one causing the issue. India SIM is working in different mobile.

Please let me know. My phone is useless now. Shall I install a new ROM which will support Indian mobile networks??? Or Should I change the CSC Number??? And how to do that???

Please help.

Thanks,
Joe
Any help would be appreciated. I flashed 4.4.2 ROM successfully. But that didn't resolve my issue. Still no mobile network. No signal. No sim calling.

Somebody please suggest. Should I flash radio alone or any other step to try?

UAE SIM worked there in UAE. Don't know what's wrong now in India!
Check in engineering mode through mobile uncle to see what frequencies the baseband is supporting. Also what frequency is your carrier using?
(2014-10-06, 00:24)Ninja^F.U.B.A.R. Wrote: [ -> ]Check in engineering mode through mobile uncle to see what frequencies the baseband is supporting. Also what frequency is your carrier using?

Normally this issue happens with china phones in india. You need to change IMEI number by entering in engg mode. Grab IMEI number from your any old phone which works in India and change it in new mobile. Google on how to enter engg mode and change the IMEI number.
Hi, there is a tutorial here
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Somebody please help. My phone is still not recognizing any mobile network. Please.
(2014-10-07, 13:53)spljoe Wrote: [ -> ]Somebody please help. My phone is still not recognizing any mobile network. Please.

plz write your old phone imei no , and enjoy
(2014-10-07, 13:53)spljoe Wrote: [ -> ]Somebody please help. My phone is still not recognizing any mobile network. Please.

Did you try that tutorial? Write a new India IMEI. India doesn't like IMEI from other countries.
Pages: 1 2