www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: iNew V3A MTK 6592 Octa-core CWM Recovery + Root
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
CWM 5.5.0.4 for iNew V3A (MTK6592 Octa-core, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB NAND)

As owner of this mobile phone, I realised that currently there is no working root solution for this device, as iNew V3 is quite different device, as it is using Quad-Core CPU and other Android version.

To be able to root my device, first I created CWM 5.5.0.4, and then I was able to flash SuperSU.zip directly from Recovery.

To be able to flash CWM 5.5.0.4 to your iNew V3A you will need:

1. SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1343.01

2. iNew V3A and USB Cable

3. Files (Scatter file, CWM 5.5.0.4 and SuperSu.zip)

All files are included in .ZIP file which I created.

Download:

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

1. Start SP Flash Tool

2. Follow instructions on Photo:

[Image: 24cedk6.png]

3. After process is done, to boot to recovery press this key combination:

Power + Volume UP

To make selection use volume UP and to select option between

Recovery mode

Fastboot mode

Normal mode

use Volume Down button.

4. After You are in recovery, choose reboot option, boot in Android, copy UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip to your MicroSD card, and then reboot to recovery again.

5. When in recovery, select Install zip from SDCard, choose UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip and it will root your phone.

Congratulation, Your device is now rooted Smiling

I write this tutorial in hurry, so soon it will be more explained.
Excellent man!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for taking the time to make an early contribution in the form of your tutorial.
Hi NexusTrix,

It is nice to be part of this great community Smiling
Fantastic! Thank you so much for the write-up! Welcome, and great work!
Hello techespaces,

as owner of the new v3 plus, maybe you can tell us if the GPS is working well for the phone, or better even give us a comparison between the older v3 and the v3 plus version?

How about the battery life? How long does it last?
And the Antutu score would also be great.

Thanks for the info
I tried this, and could not get the recovery to load. Could anyone help? Windows doesn't recognize the phone when it's in what I think is charging mode.
(2014-12-16, 14:17)Lobotomy Wrote: [ -> ]I tried this, and could not get the recovery to load. Could anyone help? Windows doesn't recognize the phone when it's in what I think is charging mode.

get your phone drivers installed correctly.
did you use pdanet?
I actually found a different method method for rooting, but yes, I did.

Am I correct in assuming the recovery image has a blue theme and looks like stock android recovery, rather than CWM?
Hallo everybody, before i flash the CWM and then try to root the smartphone i would like to make a copy with MTK DROID TOOLS, the only problem is that the program CAN'T connect to the smartphone. Can you help me please? i tried with 2 computer (a laptop and a desktop) without any success, and i had no problem with another MTK 6592 smartphone. Thank you in advance.
Darthwalter, good idea to backup before anything. You cant create a backup directly with mtk droid tools while unrooted. First you do a read back on spft then ask droid tools to process the readback

Back to your issue, have you installed pdanet drivers and enabled USB debugging? If not, you need to DL the ultimate driver pack in mtk general tools forum here then install pdanet
Pages: 1 2 3