www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: How to ROOT Doogee DG580
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I'm new to the Android world and the doogee DG580 is my first android device. I would be interested in knowing if there is some way to root the device. Eventually would be nice to install some custom roms but for now I'm mostly interested in the possibility of installing apps in the SD card since the available space in the phone is really limited.

Thanks!
I recommend first trying vroot. If that fails, then I will provide a CWM to flash with SP Flash Tools.

Vroot can be downloaded from the root tools section.
I tried the vroot and it failed. So how dows the other method you mentioned works?
OK for the ROM here [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

And to root your phone download framaroot here [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Download the DG580 CWM custom recovery and root package: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Then follow this tutorial to flash CWM and get root installed: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Thanks for the help. I'll soon try to root the phone. I hope I don't need to come back to ask because something went wrong.

Anyway if the root is not succesfull is there a way to recover the phone?
It's very unlikely you'll have any problem. But if you do, yes there's stock ROM available to flash.
I could not even flash the CWM in the phone. I followed the tutorials and tried different softwares and drivers but nothing. The software cannot connect to the phone. When I start the download of the recovery image and connect the phone nothing happens..

Any advices?
(2014-11-03, 20:35)gio9sig551 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
I tried all of the advices there (not another pc since I do not have another one here).

Still nothing, Really this phone is becoming quite a disapointment. No rooting and mostly no possibility to install apps on the SD card. I tried the method using the android SDK but the only storage that is visible in the app section of the menu is the phone storage other than the internal storage.
The SD card is visible in the storage section of the setting and there is also an option to change the default writing disk to SD card but it does actually nothing.

Well thanks a lot for the advices.. Maybe I will not be able to easily solve the storage problem. I hope that Doogee will do something about this!
Pages: 1 2