www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Update] THL 4000 Review – MT6582M 4.7″ 540p Sub-$100 Phone Done Right
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
THL 4000 Review – MT6582M 4.7″ 540p Sub-$100 Phone Done Right

thl-4000-review-IMG_1994A couple of months ago I reviewed the THL 5000 and was left very unimpressed. Among other more minor issues,  the screen came set crooked. THL now has an opportunity to redeem themselves with the THL 4000. For the price of the phone at the time, it was impossible to recommend. Since then they may […]

http://www.gizbeat.com/6161/thl-4000-rev...one-right/

This phone came from http://www.gearbest.com
Wink impressed! Thanks and looking forward to the battery lilfe review.
I just ordered it
Its looking good. And $85? Whuuut. When's the rest of the review coming? Drool
My THL 4000 just arrived. Still setting it up but I can confirm that 3G/H+ wcdma works on T-mobile USA. So it is indeed a truly global phone. A couple of little problems up front though: 1. It's not recognizing sim 2 (micro slot) and the quick start guide doesn't help show how to insert it properly. 2. The touchscreen in the bottom corners takes several touches to register. Minor really.

I'm happy so far. For the money this has to be the best value out there. It's a damn good phone.
Excellent it worked out for you. I got one of these also based on Gizbeat's first half of the review.

Regarding SIM not working, this may be user error. Take a look at the little picture on top of the SIMs. Its very small, but shows which way the notch goes. If I'm remembering correctly, it goes the opposite direction and downside up against the regular sized SIM.

Best bargain of the year and beats out phones far more expensive.

$85. Amazing.
(2014-12-30, 12:17)NexusTrix Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent it worked out for you. I got one of these also based on Gizbeat's first half of the review.

Regarding SIM not working, this may be user error. Take a look at the little picture on top of the SIMs. Its very small, but shows which way the notch goes. If I'm remembering correctly, it goes the opposite direction and downside up against the regular sized SIM.

Best bargain of the year and beats out phones far more expensive.

$85. Amazing.

The sim issue is puzzling. If I put sim 2 in without sim 1 it works fine and even shows 3G in slot 2. Once I put sim 1 in together with sim 2 they both stop working. Both sims also work perfectly on their own in slot 1. Therefore it's not the sims or the individual slots. They just aren't working together. Very puzzling.
Are they the same carrier? Try 2 SIMS from different carriers. I'm not saying that's the issue, just troubleshooting.
(2014-12-31, 07:47)NexusTrix Wrote: [ -> ]Are they the same carrier? Try 2 SIMS from different carriers. I'm not saying that's the issue, just troubleshooting.

Thanks. No, different sims from different carriers, both roaming with one registered on AT&T and the other on T-mobile.
Are you getting an 'x', or its coming up but no signal, or the signal icons aren't showing up at all?

What's IMEI say in "About phone" when they're both inserted and when only ones inserted?

What about mobile networks in settings. Any clues there?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6