www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Get your MTK6589 GPS Working - Method B
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2013-08-26, 11:29)bluehat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Thank you so very much, My GPS works now Indoor and Outdoor in less then 30 seconds. Have a Xiaocai X9.
I have a Thl w8s , and this fix is working for me! I get a fix fast...

But.... It only works once. When I try to get a GPS fix a while later, I have to repeat this procedure... But that's ok for me, maybe I will find a solution for this later.

thanks.
Great success here too with my new Neo N003. Thanx so much pal!
Looking to try this method on my HDC One...hope this works
Nothing is working for me. Please help. GPS not fixing at all. Tried EPO download from MTK Tools, Engineer mode, editing the config file, etc., please help. Please see the attachments. I'm having Micromax A116 canvas hd.
(2013-12-11, 02:51)spljoe Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
GPS Test app detects satellites, but 0 fix. If there is a hardware issue, how can we identify? What will be the symptoms? Compass is not required for GPS Navigation to work? because Micromax Canvas HD a116 doesnot have a compass I guess.

Please help. I will keep trying for the fix. If it works by any chance, will update you guys. planning for a flashing the ROM again. Need to restore all Apps and settings... kind of time consuming with a 2 yr old kid... will see

attachments enclosed.

(2013-12-11, 03:42)WuddaWaste Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
I can't even rename the gps.conf, and I cannot replace or edit it...??? I have a rooted Star S5 with ESexplorer and root access...

How do I get to "fool around" with this file?This sucks
I cannot change permissions for the file either???
I tried everithing on moy No.1 n3 but still cant get it working. Is there any known problem with gps antenna on this phone?
Pages: 1 2 3 4