www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [split] Cannot Boot into recovery Acer Liquid z205
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Same issue here as ramzidjoudi's. I manage to instal custom recovery on my Acer liquid z205 (mtk6572, 4.4.2) but after that the phone won't enter into recovery. The screen is flashing and that's all. I can't go further and have to remove the battery. Any thoughts?
did you create your own cwm or did you download it from the net?
Not by myself. One guy from another forum made custom recovery img for me.

I couldn't find anything, related to installing a custom recovery and rooting Acer liquid z205, running kitkat 4.4.2,powered by MT6572. If anybody can give me some suggestions or to point me, I will be very grateful.
Hi namma !

I'm sorry I horn in the discussion ... but it's always the same problem of the custom roms, sometimes they work well and sometimes they brick the devices. Due to this problem I'm in favor of a customization made personally. To solve your problem (it's only my opinion) to flash the original stock rom for your device. If you want the original stock rom for your device, you can ask it to me.
Hi Cleopatra. I didn't change the rom. First, i've make a scatter file with Droid Root & Tools. After that, by using SP Flash Tool i read back the phone's rom. Until that point everything goes smooth, without errors. Next, when I proceed the extracted rom with Droid Root & Tools, whether i choose to make CWM automatically or not, two errors appears, as other users mentioned in this forum - No split Boot Image and KernelGZ.
After that, i've send the files, which i got from processed rom to one user from another forum and he send me back the recovery img. I've flash that recovery img, everything was ok, but can't enter into recovery mode.

And yes, I would like to have the stock rom. could you share it with me, Cleopatra? Thanks in advance.
OK ... I will share with you the original stock rom for your device ... but you have to gimme the time to upload it .. because the weight of the stock rom is 708 MB :-(
Sure ;-)
Highly appreciate your help!
Hi namma !

Thank you to have given me points :-)
However, to flash the stock rom for your device seems a little different (in the procedure) from other devices. I've uploaded it and you can download it from here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

BUT it seeems that I must give you two other softwares to run this stock rom ... WAIT please the 2 softwares that I'll give you soon.

OK ... you can download the other 2 files from the links below :

Acer Tool :

Acer driver :

Follow these steps :

1- Download this tool: Acer A1 DL TOOL
and the drivers from Acer's support site , then install them;
2- Extract the zip file into Desktop
3- Move the .bin file in the ACER_A1_Bin subfolder placed into A1_DL_Tool_v3.100 folder
4- Connect your phone (it must be turned ON) to your PC
5- Run the “ACER Download Tool executable (If you're using Vista/7 you must run it in compatibility mode,with administrator privileges)
6- Click the BROWSE button and search for the .bin file you previously put into ACER_A1_Bin folder
7- If you're not using .bin files provided by Acer, you may incurr in the INCORRECT MD5 alert. Just don't care about it and proceed to the following step.
8- Click START, and remember, DO NOT stop the flashing process, DO NOT unplug your device, or you'll damage your device.
Hi Cleopatra!
I'm downloading the stock rom now and will wait for the other software, which you mention.
I've already uploaded the other 2 files ... read carefully my last message :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 4