www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Review] THL 5000T review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2015-07-01, 13:12)DirKNirK Wrote: [ -> ]This reads 12 hours onscreen time. That's from 100% down to 10%?

Don't look at that number. I charged the phone on the car usb the first day (Sunday) and Gsam didn't recognize it properly as being unplugged or charging, probably because I hadn't set Kingroot permissions properly. Once charged fully in the car I removed it and used it for the last 5 hours. The second day (Tuesday) was done from where I left off from the previous trip and approximately 38 hours of standby. The relevant SOT is from the Here Maps stats. Hope that clarifies it.
I need to backtrack on the Quick Charge. It seems to have it after all when you take into account the battery is 66% larger than my Zenfone 2. Therefore 3-4 hours to charge a 5000mah battery is actually quite good. I haven't properly checked exactly how long it takes to charge from below 10% yet but will do so soon.
Yes, if it's charging within 3-4 hours, that's fairly quick. I remember just about a year back it took 3-4 hours to charge a 2000mAh China phone.
Quick update. Charging from 52% to 100% took 2 hours 45 minutes. Since Quick Charge normally functions from zero to about 50 or 60% I'll have to completely discharge from this cycle to find out. That may be a while since this is my backup phone.
(2015-07-04, 09:33)Twotems Wrote: [ -> ]Quick update. Charging from 52% to 100% took 2 hours 45 minutes. Since Quick Charge normally functions from zero to about 50 or 60% I'll have to completely discharge from this cycle to find out. That may be a while since this is my backup phone.

Waiting semi-patiently for full charge time and full screen on time Big Grin
(2015-07-04, 12:06)Bacon_Puffs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-04, 09:33)Twotems Wrote: [ -> ]Quick update. Charging from 52% to 100% took 2 hours 45 minutes. Since Quick Charge normally functions from zero to about 50 or 60% I'll have to completely discharge from this cycle to find out. That may be a while since this is my backup phone.

Lol. Unless I loop a long video or something, it may take a couple of weeks since it consumes virtually nothing on standby.
(2015-07-04, 19:18)Twotems Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-04, 12:06)Bacon_Puffs Wrote: [ -> ]

Lol. Unless I loop a long video or something, it may take a couple of weeks since it consumes virtually nothing on standby.

So loop an HD video, or use the phone as your main mobile for a couple days. Of course you're under no obligation, I'm just curious. You think will reach 12 hours screen on, normal use?
(2015-07-05, 01:35)Bacon_Puffs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-04, 19:18)Twotems Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-04, 12:06)Bacon_Puffs Wrote: [ -> ]Waiting semi-patiently for full charge time and full screen on time Big Grin

So loop an HD video, or use the phone as your main mobile for a couple days. Of course you're under no obligation, I'm just curious. You think will reach 12 hours screen on, normal use?

I figure 8-10 hours sot depending on what you're doing. Here Maps wasn't pushing a lot of pixels like a game, web page or video would. I was getting around 8 hrs+ sot according to gsam on the THL 4000 with 540p, so 9 hrs+ with 1000mah more and a 720p screen should be possible. My son is playing Subway Surfers right now so let's see what that does.

One other thing, the standby/sleep is incredible. I'm averaging around 0.2% per hour according to gsam but with Greenify and LeanDroid obviously helping those numbers.
Some more impressive battery stats for the 5000T:
(2015-08-02, 20:28)Twotems Wrote: [ -> ]Some more impressive battery stats for the 5000T:

Incredible. That's from "last full charge" I guess? Also to note, several days standby and held awake for a few hours. At 3.75, still has a few hours in 'er.
Pages: 1 2 3 4