www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Review] THL 5000T review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[attachment=2440]
(2015-08-03, 00:17)cookiedough Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-02, 20:28)Twotems Wrote: [ -> ]Some more impressive battery stats for the 5000T:

Incredible. That's from "last full charge" I guess? Also to note, several days standby and held awake for a few hours. At 3.75, still has a few hours in 'er.
The battery life on this phone is criminal. After my last post I decided to enable Skype notifications and the stock email app which is my second account. Skype/Microsoft assure you it doesn't affect battery life, which is the biggest crock of sh!t. Though I had the email account synching every 15 minutes the two combined to suck almost 60% of my battery (the attachment is two days after disabling Skype and increasing the email polling to 30 minutes). Either way this phone performed like advertised. It's a bit laggy under certain circumstances and it's done some odd things once in awhile. But, f*ck me running, the endurance is incredible.
Thanks for the updates Twotems. I find it interesting that THL hasn't really entered the Western race. They seem content to just create a few very solid models and let their reputation do the talking. I wonder if it's out of stubbornness, inability, or simply just content to be where they're at.
I can't believe it's taken me this long to find this thread. It had me at the edge of my freaking seat. I'm giddy with this stuff. @Twotems , you're everything I want to be when I grow up.

Now that you've settled into it a bit more, which do you use more as your daily: the Asus Zenfone or the THL 5000T ?
(2015-08-12, 04:44)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]I can't believe it's taken me this long to find this thread. It had me at the edge of my freaking seat. I'm giddy with this stuff. @Twotems , you're everything I want to be when I grow up.

Now that you've settled into it a bit more, which do you use more as your daily: the Asus Zenfone or the THL 5000T ?

The zenfone is my main phone because it's so darn fast, smooth and has a bigger screen. But I carry both anyway. In many ways I prefer the thl because I can do anything I want intensively without thinking about the battery life.
Do you just carry both phones in the same pocket? Belt holster? Cargo pants?

How does one manage simultaneously carrying one massive phablet and one chubby brick?

Side-by-side, do they remind of you of the movie "Twins"?
(2015-08-12, 08:52)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]Do you just carry both phones in the same pocket? Belt holster? Cargo pants?

How does one manage simultaneously carrying one massive phablet and one chubby brick?

Side-by-side, do they remind of you of the movie "Twins"?

Lol. Normally the thl is in my pocket and the zenfone in my hand. Otherwise one in each pocket. The zenfone isn't that big for a 5.5 incher when compared to the iPhone 6 plus. The thl is a big 5 incher though.
Here's an interesting battery stat that once again shows how strong this phone is. My internet, router or modem stopped somehow just before I went to bed and my wifi was on as usual. Gmail and, I guess, other Google apps and others were trying to sync all night. Woke up to see I'd consumed an unusual amount of battery. Unusual for this phone was 1.4% per hour average (it's dropped to 1.1% now) but normally it's 0.5%. Anyway, here are the stats for that episode with the phone not sleeping overnight.

I have to agree with Nexustrix regarding thl and their plans because this phone is phenomenal battery wise. With a newer and more efficient soc it would be incredible. With a less pedestrian design it would be a top seller.
Another Gsam from today. Interestingly it drops relatively quickly below 50% but still slowly compared to "normal" phones.

And here it is a about 7 hours later. Not bad, still at around 1‰ per hour of normal use.
This is incredible. I've never seen these type of numbers with this phone. But I'm anticipating a sudden and rapid drop to below 20% very soon as it's done that before. Nonetheless here's the Gsam from a few minutes ago. Almost 9 hours of Screen on Time and plenty of juice remaining. Wow!
3.69 volts. Looks there's at least another hour or two. 10-11 hours + 3 days sleeping. Yes?
Pages: 1 2 3 4