www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Star S7589 vs Star B6000
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi, new guy here.

What do you think of Star S7589 vs Star B6000?

I know that S7589 is MTK6589 5.8" non-IPS screen and B6000 is MTK6589T /turbo/ 5.7" IPS screen.

Both have a screen res of 1280x720.

B6000 AnTuTu scores are very impressive.

Which one would you choose and why?

I currently have LG Nexus 4 /going to sell it/ and couple of CECT F1700 MTK6575 phones.

Played w/Nokia Lumia 521 WP8, but was not impressed at all. Guess I am too used to Android.
(2013-07-29, 11:05)Maine_Coon11 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, new guy here.

I know that S7589 is MTK6589 5.8" non-IPS screen and B6000 is MTK6589T /turbo/ 5.7" IPS screen.

I currently have LG Nexus 4 /going to sell it/ and couple of CECT F1700 MTK6575 phones.

Played w/Nokia Lumia 521 WP8, but was not impressed at all. Guess I am too used to Android.

my advise,
if u intend to get china phone, try to look for OGS(one glass solution screen), for star brand, I think the screen is not so good, the reading angle may be around 120 deg., once u go over the angle, u start to get the image become blur. I had two phones, one is starS7589 , the other is iNew6000(6.5" screen), For iNew6000 the reading angle is fantastic, but not the S7589

For normal use, 5.7" is good, not too big. for 6.5" at the beginning, I felt a little too big, but after using for a while, it is ok, for detail of comment, u could refer to
xda forum under inew6000.

But if u r going to compare to Nexus 4, I will say Nexus 4 is better. I had one also. I had updated to android 4.3. ( of course, the screen are much smaller)

Anyway, it is good to have a bigger screen phone, if u use to browse a lot.
if not because inew6000 has a little blueish at the bottom of the screen, and a little big heavier,I will recommend you to get inew6000
(2013-07-29, 12:11)stevenma61 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-29, 11:05)Maine_Coon11 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, new guy here.

my advise,
if u intend to get china phone, try to look for OGS(one glass solution screen), for star brand, I think the screen is not so good, the reading angle may be around 120 deg., once u go over the angle, u start to get the image become blur. I had two phones, one is starS7589 , the other is iNew6000(6.5" screen), For iNew6000 the reading angle is fantastic, but not the S7589

For normal use, 5.7" is good, not too big. for 6.5" at the beginning, I felt a little too big, but after using for a while, it is ok, for detail of comment, u could refer to
xda forum under inew6000.

But if u r going to compare to Nexus 4, I will say Nexus 4 is better. I had one also. I had updated to android 4.3. ( of course, the screen are much smaller)

Anyway, it is good to have a bigger screen phone, if u use to browse a lot.
if not because inew6000 has a little blueish at the bottom of the screen, and a little big heavier,I will recommend you to get inew6000

Thanks.

I do think 6.5" is way too big for the phone.

I am less and less excited with S7589.

I tend to get B6000. Seems like a perfect combination of the speed, size and screen quality - as of today.

LG Nexus 4 is good, and I can get LTE w/some tricks on T-Mobile network. Although it is NOT twice as good as B6000, pricewise. IMO of course.
And 4.7" screen on Nexus is small, compared to 5.7" and 5.8" screens of those chinese phones.
Are you just wanting a bigger screen? IMO, 4.7 is perfect.

If you still choose to sell your Nexus and get a China phone, definitely go with one with IPS.

Previous poster made a good point regarding OGS, but that is in another price class. Most OGS start at $250.
(2013-07-29, 23:17)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Are you just wanting a bigger screen? IMO, 4.7 is perfect.

If you still choose to sell your Nexus and get a China phone, definitely go with one with IPS.

Previous poster made a good point regarding OGS, but that is in another price class. Most OGS start at $250.

Thanks.

AFAIK, B6000 has IPS screen, S7589 does not.

Yeah, I am not happy with my Nexus 4, I want bigger screen for half the price I paid for Nexus. Besides, the lack of SD slot and non-removable battery make it not so good for me.

Now, I got interested in this giant iNew i6000 thing. I'd bite for something close to $250 shipped.
pandawill.com is taking preorders for Uifone U650 for $299. The phone to be released on July 31. Here is the link: http://www.pandawill.com/ulefone-u650-sm...77164.html

What do you guys think?

is i6000 a better deal?
(2013-07-30, 11:13)Maine_Coon11 Wrote: [ -> ]pandawill.com is taking preorders for Uifone U650 for $299. The phone to be released on July 31. Here is the link: http://www.pandawill.com/ulefone-u650-sm...77164.html

What do you guys think?

is i6000 a better deal?

seems ok to me, I go tru the u tube .
If u intend to buy, don't buy the flip case . It get torn off very easily because of the design, Just like my S7589 , came with that thing(with no hole, of course), now it was in two pieces. the cover is one piece, the flip over is one piece.

for inew6000, it has a silicon case, then the silicon case to stick to the leather case.
B6000 is a good, value wise, its got a nice processor, ips screen with a decent resolution, the newly released firmware is not perfect but stable across the board (gps,wifi, camera, etc), its got a solid feel to it. I'm not sure about the S7589, but for a ~200 phone the b6000 is unparalleled. BTW i just got my b6000 today, and enjoying every bit of it.

the downside, google voice search isn't working, recorder too, I suspect that the phone is made in a dirty environment because there are spec of dust inside the screen mimicking the effect of a dead pixel ( i got 2, maybe more but its really hard to notice anything).
I realize I'm pretty late to the game here. Interested in seeing what you pickup and how you like it. I personally have a Nexus 4, but bought my girlfriend a S7589 from Amazon a few weeks ago. I might be looking to upgrade (or just try something different) in the near future so, keep us posted.

In regards to the S7589, it's a decent phone. Big. Fast. Battery life is good. The screen looks awesome straight on, but the viewing angle is pretty sharp. From the side, the image looks a little washed out (though I can't imagine why this would be a problem). The only MAJOR downsides I've seen thus far are as follows:

1. Bluetooth seems buggy. When pairing with the car stereo, it can be hit-and-miss. My understanding is that this isn't uncommon with Android 4.1.1 and could be fixed if I could figure out how to update the OS.

2. I can't figure out how to update the OS. Haha.

3. Cases for this phone are pretty much nonexistent. Perhaps one day after 3D printers become more widespread, designing and fabricating one would be a possibility.

4. GPS doesn't work. I saw fixes mentioned on this forum but have not tested them yet.

Besides that, it's a pretty solid phone. I don't regret paying what I did for it. Girlfriend seems happy and for me, it was a eye opening step into a really fascinating market.
(2013-08-14, 08:05)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]In regards to the S7589, it's a decent phone. Big. Fast. Battery life is good. The screen looks awesome straight on, but the viewing angle is pretty sharp. From the side, the image looks a little washed out (though I can't imagine why this would be

yes. the reading angle (viewing angle) is too bad, go to play store n install "screen filter" by haxor industry

after installation, u will see a lot of different when u view it at around 160 deg

Ajust the filter at the point best suit u.
Pages: 1 2 3 4