www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Need to replace No.1 X2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So, who would you recommend I purchase from? I would like to use PayPal for payment.
Any of the sponsors. The review was sponsored by banggood and they are generally quite good. They also have the coupon available that takes $11 off. Can't guarantee it's the best price on the net, but should be a very competitive price.
So I bit the bullet and have purchased a Note3 pro 3/32gb gold for just under AU$280 from SPE mall, cheaper than ebay or anywhere else.
Now can anyone tell me if the screen protector for the standard note3 will fit the pro model too?
(2016-06-02, 17:45)jarvid Wrote: [ -> ]So I bit the bullet and have purchased a Note3 pro 3/32gb gold for just under AU$280 from SPE mall, cheaper than ebay or anywhere else.
Now can anyone tell me if the screen protector for the standard note3 will fit the pro model too?

Thanks or using one of CPA's sponsors. Nice they ended up being the cheapest as well...

Yes, they are physically the exact same on the outside. All accessories will fit.
Thanks Nexus, looks like it`s time to get some extras, might even get a smart watch seeing how good a price I got the phone for.
So my phone has finally arrived, problem is it does not seem to have google play on it just App Store and these all seem to be in Chinese. Has SPEmall sent me the crappy Chinese censored version or what?
(2016-06-21, 12:36)jarvid Wrote: [ -> ]So my phone has finally arrived, problem is it does not seem to have google play on it just App Store and these all seem to be in Chinese. Has SPEmall sent me the crappy Chinese censored version or what?

This is relatively normal. There are a few different options for getting the phone onto official Global.

First try this:

Download latest Global and flash through MIUI Updater (settings > about phone > update > menu > choose ROM (copy ROM to base of phone first)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Global ROM Download: http://en.miui.com/download-301.html

If any error, then try this
Do it through the Mi PC Suite which is downloadable here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/13bjcs...1_2717.zip

Hold shift when plugging in the phone via USB, you should see a popup asking to be directed to a ROM. If you don't see the popup, click the "Update" button on Mi PC Suite.

If any errors, keep trying several times.

If still unable to do it, then begin the unlock process here:

http://en.miui.com/unlock/

It takes a couple of weeks, but after successful, then you'll be able to flash Global through fastboot.

If you're impatient, you can also flash through "edl". But this can occasionally cause bricks. First try the first 3 methods.

If you just want Play Store and don't mind being on the current ROM, use this guide to get Play Store on there

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pka2i8...r_V2.0.zip
You make it sound easy, I am not computer savvy, I could only follow ...Settings>About Phone and I could not find ...Update>Menu etc it wasn`t there. I might just send it back as all the apps and stuff are in Chinese.
(2016-06-21, 17:28)jarvid Wrote: [ -> ]You make it sound easy, I am not computer savvy, I could only follow ...Settings>About Phone and I could not find ...Update>Menu etc it wasn`t there. I might just send it back as all the apps and stuff are in Chinese.
That's because it is. Take it one step at a time, and remember to breathe.

You can switch to English... And install Google Play as in the video GizBeat showed you. Just don't use the Chinese apps.

If that's not satisfactory, then install the Global ROM.

It's very simple. Just take it one step at a time. First download the Global ROM.

Then download the PC Suite and install it.

Then turn off your phone

Then hold power + volume up until you see a picture of a phone

Then hold shift while connect the phone through USB

Then select the ROM.
Thanks for the suggestions, I have sent Spemall a message to see what they can do, I don`t want to void my warranty by messing with it. If they say I can try to fix without voiding my warranty I will give it a go.
Pages: 1 2 3 4