www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Need to replace No.1 X2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
One more problem, the screen will not auto rotate when messaging, this makes the keyboard stay small and hard to use, I have turned the auto rotate on and it works on other parts, is this fixable
(2016-06-23, 12:52)jarvid Wrote: [ -> ]One more problem, the screen will not auto rotate when messaging, this makes the keyboard stay small and hard to use, I have turned the auto rotate on and it works on other parts, is this fixable

Which app is it? Did it rotate on your previous phone? You might want to start a new thread so it will get attention of users with that phone who can also test the app.
(2016-06-23, 12:52)jarvid Wrote: [ -> ]One more problem, the screen will not auto rotate when messaging, this makes the keyboard stay small and hard to use, I have turned the auto rotate on and it works on other parts, is this fixable

I use SwiftKey on mine without issues.
The rotation is not working when I am trying to send a text, apps seem ok
(2016-06-24, 14:07)jarvid Wrote: [ -> ]The rotation is not working when I am trying to send a text, apps seem ok

You're correct. Never noticed. I don't type sms in landscape anyway.
The MIUI Message App doesn't rotate. If you really need landscape mode for SMS, use a 3rd party messaging app such as Zero SMS.
So my wife and I spent 3-4 hours trying to install the global ROM today unsuccessfully, we tried following your instructions but they were too vague for us to follow. EG you say download such and such, but what on, the phone or the computer. We tried both but still must have buggered something up.
Can anyone give me a step by step instruction in layman terms that we can follow. I am sick of all the Chinese hieroglyphics Lost It
Download the Global ROM from address supplied by GizBeat to your PC.

Download install run the Mi PC Suite

With phone on, hold SHIFT and plug into the PC

Wait for awhile and pay attention to any dialog permissions on the phone and allow them if you see them

You should see a box pop-up on PC asking what ROM. Direct it to the ROM you downloaded earlier

If no box pops up, click in right corner of Mi PC Suite "flash" and select ROM.
So my wife has been playing with the phone most of today and it is still Chinese, I should have purchased from Ebay. I am sure Spemall have changed their listing because when I purchased it from them it said it had Google Play but now says Play App.
Thanks for your patience and advice but we have had enough, I am opening a case against them in Paypal for sending this crap to me.
(2016-06-26, 17:11)jarvid Wrote: [ -> ]So my wife has been playing with the phone most of today and it is still Chinese, I should have purchased from Ebay. I am sure Spemall have changed their listing because when I purchased it from them it said it had Google Play but now says Play App.
Thanks for your patience and advice but we have had enough, I am opening a case against them in Paypal for sending this crap to me.

No need to go that far. PM Gizbeat and he'll gladly walk you through it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4