www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Oukitel U7 Plus - Nougat TWRP and stock rom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
If I cant get a custom rom, one that I dont need to install Gapps on, then I remove google apks from the stock rom.
I use microG because I dont want or need ANY google app functionality.
(2017-07-23, 19:49)robneymcplum Wrote: [ -> ]If I cant get a custom rom, one that I dont need to install Gapps on, then I remove google apks from the stock rom.
I use microG because I dont want or need ANY google app functionality.

I sensed something like this when you have asked how to remove google .apk, .jar, .xml and .so

Are you implying to microG Project and F-Droid ?

There is a chance to remove all google stuff.
Keep in mind that some paths are changed on Nougat OS :

https://gist.github.com/olivier-m/6200184

Regards
(2017-07-23, 20:06)Cleopatra Wrote: [ -> ]Regards

Thanks, can I copy that whole thing into adb, or do I need to do them one at a time?
And yes, had microG since day 1, its perfect for my needs. The double battery time is a no brainer for me.

Heres a flashable zip for nougat: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpos...p=40534912&postcount=19

I just always prefer to do them manually, and cant seem to do it
(2017-07-23, 20:08)robneymcplum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-23, 20:06)Cleopatra Wrote: [ -> ]Regards

Thanks, can I copy that whole thing into adb, or do I need to do them one at a time?
And yes, had microG since day 1, its perfect for my needs. The double battery time is a no brainer for me.

You cannot copy whole thing into adb.
It is because some paths are changed on Nougat OS.
This task is not so simple to do.

To begin with :

I suggest you to unpack the old MM system.img of U7 Plus.
Then, unpack the new Nougat system.img of U7 Plus.
Then, compare the two unpacked systems and find the differences.

Regards
(2017-07-23, 20:18)Cleopatra Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest you to unpack the old MM system.img of U7 Plus.
Then, unpack the new Nougat system.img of U7 Plus.
Then, compare the two unpacked systems and find the differences.

Regards

Yeah.... I imagined it wouldnt be a simple job.... Smiling

It never is Smiling

Cheers
If I replaced the generic.kl from the nougat rom with the one from marshmallow, will it get rid of the lack of menu button on the phone? I hate not having the menu button, Ive always used long press home and kept the menu button for, well, menus...
Also, clearing recent apps in the overview seems to take FOREVER... is this happening for everyone on this rom?
(2017-07-25, 20:38)robneymcplum Wrote: [ -> ]If I replaced the generic.kl from the nougat rom with the one from marshmallow, will it get rid of the lack of menu button on the phone? I hate not having the menu button, Ive always used long press home and kept the menu button for, well, menus...
Also, clearing recent apps in the overview seems to take FOREVER... is this happening for everyone on this rom?

Please, I urge you to open a specific thread about U7 Plus mod experiments.

Thank you in advance.

Smiling
(2017-07-26, 02:06)Cleopatra Wrote: [ -> ]Please, I urge you to open a specific thread about U7 Plus mod experiments.

Thank you in advance.

Smiling

Is that OK?
I'm not going to open a new thread for that as its baked into nougat/7 and cant be changed unfortunately, and some of my apps need a menu button so I'm rolling back to marshmallow sadly. A shame as my camera and internet were SO much faster on nougat Sad

What I did do on 7.0 was:

Debloat the rom
Debloat and remove google from the rom
Get magisk installed and running
Get xposed installed and running
Get microG working

Anyone needs any help doing any of these, let me know, its not worth a new thread as I'm going back to marshmallow til more xposed modules are working on 7.
(2017-07-27, 21:05)robneymcplum Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not going to open a new thread for that as its baked into nougat/7 and cant be changed unfortunately, and some of my apps need a menu button so I'm rolling back to marshmallow sadly. A shame as my camera and internet were SO much faster on nougat Sad

What I did do on 7.0 was:

Debloat the rom
Debloat and remove google from the rom
Get magisk installed and running
Get xposed installed and running
Get microG working

Anyone needs any help doing any of these, let me know, its not worth a new thread as I'm going back to marshmallow til more xposed modules are working on 7.
Please could you explain how to "debloat"?
Which apps can I safely delete?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8