www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Help needed for custom recovery for Neken N6?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2013-12-12, 11:27)apple2005 Wrote: [ -> ]I successfully made and installed the cwm recovery as taught by Stevenma61 but I tried to flash miui rom twice (two different miui roms) and both failed to load. What could be the reason. Thanks in advance.

are yr roms for yr phone?

load fail?
please state in detail. where fail?
Dear stevenma61, you have n6 factory ROM? Where can I download it?
(2013-12-12, 12:12)stevenma61 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-12, 11:27)apple2005 Wrote: [ -> ]I successfully made and installed the cwm recovery as taught by Stevenma61 but I tried to flash miui rom twice (two different miui roms) and both failed to load. What could be the reason. Thanks in advance.

are yr roms for yr phone?

load fail?
please state in detail. where fail?

Thanks Stevenma61 for your help. Yes, I downloaded ROM for Neken N6. And it loads without any boot animation but at the end I get a message that the process "com.android.phone has stopped and then I have a black screen only. I have to remove the battery to restart.
tzsolx
I don't have Neken phone

don't u have yr own back up by MTK drois root n tool?

apple2005
did u do the 3 wipe ( actually two will be good. "wipe data/factory" and "advance- wipe dalvik cache") ?

if u already did that, might be the rom is not complete, try some more.
(2013-12-09, 18:52)superaction2 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

I am not responsible for any bricked phones. Use with care and on your own risk. Enjoy!

perfect! what recovery do you have and what version? Big GrinDownloaded? Can not you upload it somewhere?
Here is a link to Neken N6 stock firmware that I got from Neken:

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Its compressed .tar file so you need to uncompress it. Inside you find stock rcovery image as well. If you need cwm, just follow the instructions in this thread made by stevenma61 on how to patch recovery image with mtk tools. Worked for me.
(2013-12-12, 18:16)superaction2 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Its compressed .tar file so you need to uncompress it. Inside you find stock rcovery image as well. If you need cwm, just follow the instructions in this thread made by stevenma61 on how to patch recovery image with mtk tools. Worked for me.

thank you, I will try in the evening
(2013-12-12, 18:16)superaction2 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Thank you very much superaction2 for sharing the ROM with us. Otherwise it is very difficult to get one. A rubbish company. I even couldn't find any ROM on Neken official website. I registered with them also . They are having one download page but there is nothing to download there.

I want to ask a question. Is this ROM to be installed with Flash tools OR through CWM recovery? I tried Thrice to flash MIUI official ROM through CWM. It flashes correctly but at the end a black screen and a popup saying " com.android.phone" or something like that, has stopped working. And then the screen is permanently black. So I had to reflash a semi official ROM.

What is your experience of flashing ROMs?
I have not flashed any rom on my Neken. As the stock rom come bundled with Windows drivers and sp tools I supose thats the way to go.
there r quite a few for neken n6

see

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7