www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Q] HELP: Phone locks-up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
What worked on mine is to disable google now "ok google" hotword detection. go to goolge - settings - "Ok Google" hotword detection and turn it off. have not had a single hang on black screen for 5 days..

Try it out and see how it works for you.

Mark
@ nikoly : I changed the battery, but it just reduced the ration of SoD, but problem remained there.

@Klamath : It seems that everybody it now making hit and try methodology... (just kidding, never mid).

someone even saying about ambient screen brightness software, i also did not use that app ever, but problem remained there.

I used the ROM "Hero 7500+ 4.2.1 neHEROvo mod by Dzhyn" for three weeks, and never has screen of death and screen lock problem (seems the issue was resolved and it is not a hardware issue) . but that ROM does not allow some google apps to be updated, and even GPS does not work there, and also some other small couple of bugs. (so i changed ROM again this sunday)

One thing i wanted to share is that , that ROM has a feature, that it disables WIfi automatically when the phone is screen locked for a long time (may be when phone goes to sleep mode). when i open the screen lock, wifi connects then again automatically, and if screen is locked and opened up again within few minutes (say 4 minutes) then wifi is not disabled, it is connected already.

seemed like, the ROM disabled the WIFi when goes into sleep, and hence the problem did not occur. as Someone suggested also to disable wifi settings to connect in sleep mode, I hope will resolve the issue.

Users please check and revert back. as currently i am not facing the issue. and I do not want to face it again as well ... wish me good Luck Tongue
Smiling
My last update: Recently I've had 3-4-5 BSOD's per day, but I installed the app "Wake Lock" and set it on PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK so the phone does not go into deep sleep mode and 2 days so far I didnt face a single BSOD. In fact Gizbeat suggested this solution earlier in this thread.

Now I've just disabled the "ok google" hotword detection and the WiFi at sleep mode (despite I almost never leave WiFi on) and we will see what will happen.

aliravian, Is your new battery the original one from zopomobile ?
In the previous post told I don't had SoD with wifi off. But today happened 2x, even with wifi off. The frequency is lower, but the problem still happens...
Yes I received 2 original batteries with by Zopo mobile box.

Yes I had the same problem even with WiFi off.
but with wifi ON, frequency of problem is increased.

(2014-04-08, 00:53)mtpoth Wrote: [ -> ]In the previous post told I don't had SoD with wifi off. But today happened 2x, even with wifi off. The frequency is lower, but the problem still happens...
I had same behavior and it was better with wifi off and totally cured by installing redeye to keep phone awake, but now that i've turned off OK GOOGLE i can keep wifi on and uninstalled redeye and not a single crash in 10 days Smiling

(2014-04-08, 12:09)aliravian Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I received 2 original batteries with by Zopo mobile box.

Yes I had the same problem even with WiFi off.
but with wifi ON, frequency of problem is increased.

(2014-04-08, 00:53)mtpoth Wrote: [ -> ]In the previous post told I don't had SoD with wifi off. But today happened 2x, even with wifi off. The frequency is lower, but the problem still happens...
(2014-04-09, 11:56)klamath Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&page=108&nocache=1
I can not find GOOGLE OK to disable, from what I read, it is a feature of Google now, which apparently also have not installed. This should be in the apps, right?
I have tried most of the solutions presented in this thread.
The only one that seems to be working flaulessly is the Wake Lock APP.
I installed it 2 days ago and since then I had no Lock Up.
Wi-fi always on, GPS sometimes and not a single Lock.
I will post back next week if the results keep positive.
(2014-04-11, 14:51)tfvsc Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried most of the solutions presented in this thread.
The only one that seems to be working flaulessly is the Wake Lock APP.
I installed it 2 days ago and since then I had no Lock Up.
Wi-fi always on, GPS sometimes and not a single Lock.
I will post back next week if the results keep positive.

Same here, I've tried the MIUIv5 ROM but it crashes again.
Only the Wake Lock app worked for me so far.
(2014-04-10, 01:18)mtpoth Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] forum-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2174075&page=108&nocache=1
I can not find GOOGLE OK to disable, from what I read, it is a feature of Google now, which apparently also have not installed. This should be in the apps, right?

Just touch the Google search shortcut or launch Google App (just "Google", no "Google now" or such on my phone). Then touch menu button, hit "settings". Hit "Voice". You should see "detect Google word" that you want to to disable. Sorry if not exact terms, I'm not on an English version. Hope that helps.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7