www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Tutorial] How to format your NAND Flash MT6589, MT6577, MT6582, MT6572
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I can't think of any reason to do this, I believe you meant to write a tutorial on formatting the internal sdcard, I have had to do that in the past on some android devices, the internal sdcard became corrupted the android device was unable to format.

So I used busybox to format the sdcard as fat32, then manually mount the internal sdcard, then reboot, the vold file can now mount the internal sdcard on each reboot. But to format the entire nand would delete everything, mbr, bootloader, recovery, system, cache, data, boot.

Basically making the device useless, So I can only guess you meant to fix internal sdcard, and then got sidetracked.
The OP wrote correctly. The possibility wouldn't exist in the tool if there weren't a reason for it. NVRAM can get corrupted. Bits and pieces of previous firmware can get stuck there and prevent future flashes as well - normally due to an improper previous flash. This starts you fresh. It has saved me in the past.

Yes, formatting any drive will make it useless until you put something on it. That is sure.
Ok. If thats the point, what could we do after the format?
If format reset and starts a fresh space in the phone, can we flash a ROM, a backup or what to get it working again?
I have a NVRAM problem, my phone is useless and I thought in formating, but if I can flash a ROM after that, its a no go...
Yes. You should be able to flash a ROM after that. This solution is absolute last ditch effort. Actually one of the only reasons you'd do this is if you can't flash your phone. If you're having an NVRAM problem, then restore your NVRAM backup with MTK Tool.
Well, actually now I do have a dead phone.
Just a black screen, no charging, no nothing...

Are you sure I should format and flash after that? flashing, now, gives an error and never reached the end...
Not sure at all. It's helped in certain situations. And if you format that NVRAM, you will probably need to reflash nvram.bin and nvram.tar from your backup even if you successfully flash a ROM.

You might want to try formatting everything except NVRAM. Deselect the NVRAM option in formatting tab.
I uninstall MTK drives, reinstall MTK VCOM Drives, open SP Flash Tools, turn download speed to "Full Speed" and "W/O Battery", turn cable on, took battery out and in again, flash process starts and went till the end.
My phone is alive again.
I don't have a backup of my NVRAM, and that's what's missing right now...
Any one? (Ulefone STAR N9002 MT6582 phone)

Thanks.
PMoto
Well, the NVRAm backup i already get, but my touch funtion is messed up, and everything is out of place...
Hi i have Samsung grand Duos Gt-i9082 mt6572 (nand 4gb 2048DRAM Toshiba) my phone Is dead I trid To Flash Is on SP flash Tool But Is Stuck On 55% and Say BROM ERROR (3040). But When I try to Upgrade It It Say PMT changed Plz download Only to create PMT . when I download Files Only It Stuck On 97% and Say Failed to load Files On Nand . I need Help Plz help Me Out > If The There Is ProBlem With My Back Up Rom Plz Let Me Give The link For New Rom . Now My Phone Is Dead .

PS: There Is One More Thing The Preloader Uboot Boot Recovery Files Download Success Fully and When I turn On Phone With Volume Up+Power It Turns On ANd Get Me In to Recovery Mode . I just Can Downoad SYStem And Userdata Files In My Mobile
Are you sure you are flashing the right ROM to your phone?
If you are not SURE, you better be, in the first place.
Now your phone is dead, and you must find the right ROM for it (see NeedRom)
After you find the right ROM, try to flash in download mode.
Believe me, uninstall and reinstall MTK VCOM drivers in your PC prior to flash.

If that did not solve, flash using the format+download mode. You will need a NVRAM backup to restore after that, beware.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5