www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Original firmware Inew V3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I have heard about fixed OTG in another forum too.

I'm trying to install update.zip through CWM and getting an error, something like
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "CXQ" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "CXQ"

Any ideas how to solve this?
Just been over to needrom and this was posted in reply to my question.

StardustOne on 01/07/2014 @ 12:45 am
This ROM cxq_v3_inew_v1.0.1_20131224 has a kernel version date Tue Dec 24 whereas the ROM cxq_v3_v1.0.6t02 had a kernel version date Fri Dec 6.
This ROM is definitively newer than version cxq_v3_v1.0.6t02. In case someone also has the cxq_v3_v1.0.6t02 ROM, please post it also on Needrom (just in case).
The newer ROM installed fine, by the way. OTG is not working with this ROM if you own one of the first batch of 1000 units (I have one of those).

Seems to be conflicting info on otg fix but its newer than my rom... do I flash this or wait a little longer till something newer comes along seeing as phone works ok at the moment? its a pain being a flash a holic lol
(2014-01-07, 16:13)shanos Wrote: [ -> ]Just been over to needrom and this was posted in reply to my question.

StardustOne on 01/07/2014 @ 12:45 am
This ROM cxq_v3_inew_v1.0.1_20131224 has a kernel version date Tue Dec 24 whereas the ROM cxq_v3_v1.0.6t02 had a kernel version date Fri Dec 6.
This ROM is definitively newer than version cxq_v3_v1.0.6t02. In case someone also has the cxq_v3_v1.0.6t02 ROM, please post it also on Needrom (just in case).
The newer ROM installed fine, by the way. OTG is not working with this ROM if you own one of the first batch of 1000 units (I have one of those).

Seems to be conflicting info on otg fix but its newer than my rom... do I flash this or wait a little longer till something newer comes along seeing as phone works ok at the moment? its a pain being a flash a holic lol

He hasn't actually said he flashed the ROM. It could just be an assumption based on assumed information (assumed by everyone up until this point).

There are 2 possibilities here, either some units truly don't have the OTG hardware, or the first units released had the hardware, but not the proper firmware installed to use it. My guess is it's the latter, but not sure.

Is your OTG working Shanos? What's the date on your kernel?
Interesting. My seller told me OTG/NFC are working fine, but now I see on the product page that kernel is dated December 6th. Something's not right here.
(2014-01-07, 17:04)Burs Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting. My seller told me OTG/NFC are working fine, but now I see on the product page that kernel is dated December 6th. Something's not right here.
Since when can we always trust the seller to know what's up? Smiling Normally we know before they do. Sometimes we know it even before the manufacturers know.

Shanos is currently on that firmware, but hasn't reported whether his OTG is working or not. It could be that this Dec. 6 older firmware was the problem. I can't actually remember what my non-working OTG firmware date/version was.

We can only make assumptions at this point.
My kernel is 6/12 as well, I have just ordered an otg cable from Amazon so won't be able to test for a few days.
Hopefully by the time it gets here more info and roms will be available Smiling

Is there an easy root for these phones? If there is I will install USB otg helper and see what it comes up with.
Regarding nfc I just installed nfc tag info from play store and it read my visa debit card ok, have no tags to rite so could not try that function.
Okay. Do us a favor, don't change your firmware until you've tested OTG.

You won't really be able to test OTG unless you have a cable. Just testing kernel won't suffice.

Regarding root, flash the iNew v3 CWM 5.5. (see this forum) with newest SP Flash Tool (see MTK Tools Sub-Forum). And then flash this package through recovery (SD Update) [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] . Bam, rooted.
No worries got to drop boy off to preschool shortly then will have a go.
Is it easy to backup my firmware (and clear user data) so that I can up it for people to have a play with.?
(2014-01-07, 17:26)shanos Wrote: [ -> ]No worries got to drop boy off to preschool shortly then will have a go.
Is it easy to backup my firmware (and clear user data) so that I can up it for people to have a play with.?

Yes. Follow the tutorial in Root forum.
(2014-01-07, 17:20)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] . Bam, rooted.

I have just dug out an old Dell Inspiron 6000 (suprised its still working lol) so I can have a go with the phone.

The only link that works is the SU download Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4